r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod 151

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-pod 151
    Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 10:26am
We're picking up our new little guy (r-pod 151) today!!! We can't wait to take it on the road, but we've got to wait for the snow to melt and the temps to get above freezing at night. We're headed to Monument Valley for spring break and we're pulling the little guy with a jeep. We purchased our r-pod 151 in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Happy Trails! Anyone interested in Utah can contact me about wonderful places to see.
desertskyblue
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 6:53am

Congrat's ... post some photos when you get a chance.. I love Utah - been there many times skiing up at Alta

desertskyblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 6:46pm
Here are two pictures of our new "little guy."  The first picture was taken just before we pulled off the lot. And the other was taken in front of our house. We worked on getting everything situated in the r-pod all day.  We've had a great time and we are positive we've made the right decision. We are the first people to buy the r-pod in Utah from this particular dealership. Spring break can't come soon enough so we can hit the road.Approve

desertskyblue
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 10:14pm
Nice Set-up! I am also pulling mine with a 4 Door Wrangler. Congrats on picking up your R-Pod!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 7:39am
We came close to Utah once.  We went to Boy Scout training in New Mexico and then up to Yellowstone.  We drove through Montana, South Dakota, Minnesota and finally back to Greendale, WI.   I like your "Little Guy" and car.  They look cute together.  We picked up our "Rava" yesterday and will get "R-poda" on the 28th of March.  I hope they work well together.  Can't wait!  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 7:59am
We still haven't taken the "Little Guy" out for our first trip yet.  We leave April 14th and we're headed south to Moab, Utah and to Monument Valley. We are really looking forward to the trip. Hopefully, even though we're supposed to get snow again tomorrow, we'll get in a one-day shake down trip before the 5-day trip in April. Have fun getting situated in your R-Poda. We had so much fun doing that.  Take care!

In good spirit,

Suzette
desertskyblue
rmaco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by desertskyblue desertskyblue wrote:

We're picking up our new little guy (r-pod 151) today!!! We can't wait to take it on the road, but we've got to wait for the snow to melt and the temps to get above freezing at night. We're headed to Monument Valley for spring break and we're pulling the little guy with a jeep. We purchased our r-pod 151 in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Happy Trails! Anyone interested in Utah can contact me about wonderful places to see.

I guess you bought yours through Motor Sports Land then? How was your experience? I am currently in the process of gett a 174 through them, my sales man is Phil Hart. I told them the most I would be willing to pay is $14k because I can get one from Ohio for $12,860 (http://www.vuvox.com/collage/detail/0e82eecf9) and I was told they could get it shipped to SLC for $1000. I am still going to have to pay ~$900 for sales tax though that I wouldn't of had to if I bought it from Ohio, maybe I can write some of it off when I do my taxes next year.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 7:56am
Hi! Yes we bought our r-pod from Motor Sports Land.  We also bought the r-pod from Phil. We had seen the prices of the trailers in Ohio as well and had we had the time, we may have traveled to Ohio to buy one.  Their prices are really good at that particular dealership. We paid 12k for ours and figured that was an "okay" price considering what it would have cost us to go get it in Ohio and the time missed at work. Do I think we got the best deal? Probably not. I don't think we are very good negotiators. I think the price listed on the same trailer in Ohio included a microwave which ours does not have. As far as service goes, we're about to find out. The floor in our trailer has a little tear and the new linoleum has been ordered. We'll see how that goes when it comes time to replace it. Also, the fridge trim needs to be fixed on ours. We'll be taking it in before the end of March to have it de-winterized and hopefully the new floor will be in so we can have it installed. 

Good luck with your new r-pod. We can't wait to get started camping in ours.  
desertskyblue
NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 11:12am
Good for you - getting it local... my dealers here in NY could not get close to couchs rv nation with the microwave, awning, AC and TV all included - and we had fun camping in PA on the drive home from hamilton ohio.

That is the second time I have read about the fridge trim being loose ... I checked mine and it wiggles but does not seem overly loose - can you take some photos so I can see what you are talking about?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 11:40am
I'll try to get the picture. On our fridge the trim is just barely clipped in at the top and the bottom edge.  There is nothing else holding it on. I think a little bit of glue would keep it put together. We're going to let the dealership handle it under warranty though. How do you like the awning? We haven't bought that yet and we're wondering how easy it is to install and how sturdy it might be on a windy day. We're looking at other options.

Have a great day!
desertskyblue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic