r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod 151

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 4:00pm
We just ordered the awning too.  We debated but in the end thought we'd give it a try.  I am only 5' 3" so I am going to need a step stool to put it up.  I like to get away from the bugs now and then.  We had to pay almost $500 for it though.  Linda 
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
desertskyblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 4:45am
Hi Linda,

Wow! I didn't realize the awnings were so expensive. Our dealership here in Salt Lake City couldn't tell us what they cost.  We bought the 1st of the 3 r-pods they had on the lot. We actually knew more about the floor plans and options than the salesman. I don't think he knew there was an awning. We'll be headed out to our red desert in April so I think we'll decide if we need the awning on that trip. We're really looking for shade. If we don't go with the r-pod awning we may purchase one of those free standing shade covers. Anyway, let me know how your first trip goes and I'll do the same.

In good spirit, Suzette
desertskyblue
NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 4:59am
That is what I liked about my dealer in ohio - he does not mark up the options - he set his base price on the unit and let me choose what options I wanted at dealer cost - the awing is a $400 option - still seemed expensive but really is nice to have and sit out under in the evening...
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 5:55am
We had considered an instant set awning.  In WI we have more issues with light rain and bugs.  If I didn't worry about the screen I would just pick up an  awning from Walmart.  I think we would have had to put it 2 feet from the camper so the door would open.  I will let you know how our first campout goes.  I will post on the adventure forum.  We are heading out on March 28th right after we pick up the camper for an overnight at Ottowa Lake state park.  They have winter camping there.  I can't wait to start hearing about other people's camping adventures.  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:16am
We are sooooo jealous of those of you who have their Rpods.  We'll be picking ours up end of April or May 1st.  We did buy an EZ up awning to use with our Rpod.  We are also checking with a local awning company to have one specially made for the Rpod.  We'll let you know how that works out. 

Happy traveling,
Darlene 
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:10pm
SmileHello all! We bought our 171 in Huntsivlle Al. We gave 12,400 for it. It has the white wood,microwave,tv,fridge and awning, I guess we did all right on the price. The awning took me and the wife about 20min. to put it up, it may be a little faster the next time. You will need a step stool to put the awning up unless you are very tall. I am 5 11 and needed one. Happy camping Jim. 
rmaco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by jim jim wrote:

SmileHello all! We bought our 171 in Huntsivlle Al. We gave 12,400 for it. It has the white wood,microwave,tv,fridge and awning, I guess we did all right on the price. The awning took me and the wife about 20min. to put it up, it may be a little faster the next time. You will need a step stool to put the awning up unless you are very tall. I am 5 11 and needed one. Happy camping Jim. 

I would love to see what it looks like with the white wood inside. That is what i ordered because I thought it would make it look a little roomier inside. If you get a chance will you take a couple of pictures?
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 3:19am
Try some Gorilla Glue.  Stuff binds to everything. 

Be careful not to use too much as it expands while drying and could leak out the sides.

Good Luck!
James
Let's hit the road!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic