r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 RP-177 got it today! pics coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 4:24am
hold down strap
Skooterpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 4:28am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 4:45am
Wood right side table support is about to fall off.  Some things havent changed. 

Need to flip drawbar upside down to lower tongue a couple inches.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 7:42am
Originally posted by kmcmurph kmcmurph wrote:

Congrats on the new pod. The table design is interesting, although we like to store stuff under our old style table, the new style seems to have legs that go all the way to the floor all the time. It seems really well built though. I also like they enclosed the tv cabinet.
We don't have the ability to fold it flat which would aid in storage.  It's also bulky to carry outside and probably heavier too.  
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 8:33am
I like that table mount!  I wonder if you can order one and retrofit?  I noticed that the pin and socket is still in the same place,  I have a scar on the back of my leg from that protruding socket.  I removed it after that.

Lark  171 F-150
Lark
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 9:11am

Thank you Forest River for listening to us and implementing the wonderful mods that are being made by our members. Clap

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 11:43am
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:49pm
Real Nice set-up Skooter .... We also towed our 177 with a Ridgeline.

I have to admit with the 177 being so "storage" challenged that loss of storage under the table is significant. IMHO all they needed do to was make the table more light-weight. This could be attained without sacrifice to the bed support structure integrity.

But that is a very kewl table option !!!!

We ended up totally removing that above-bed cabinet w/TV. Hit my head once to often, plus more room to remove mattress when winterizing. Bought a 22" TV and moved it around from table to stove-top.

Your tow does look a bit back-heavy, but Im sure reversing the hitch will get ya going the other way.

Good luck with the Honda TV ... Great vehicle !!! I still have my '06 and will never give it up short of robbery. Luv It !!! I believe it will be getting around 10mpg, and lack some "umph" at times, but they are well made and equipped for towing ...

Keep us informed, and thanks for the pics !!
argh6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argh6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 1:12pm
Great looking rig!  Congrats!
Jerry, Julie, Kaiti, & Abbi ~ Phoenix, AZ ~ 2010 172T ~ 2004 Acura MDX
postalpanzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote postalpanzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 6:12pm
that table looks alot sturdier I broke a table in an R pod while shopping at a dealership

we ended up buying it you broke it you bought it.

I am surprised they still have the little leg knicker that cuts my leg up even with the new table.

I wonder if Forest River will sell the cabinet door for above the TV.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic