r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp ground review and recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baileys Point, SW KY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:03pm
It looks perfect!  Can we consider this for a spring round up?
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Peggy L. Peggy L. wrote:

We had a great time at Bailey's Point. The view from site 45-B was nothing short of awesome. I would not recommend trying to push the pod up that hill though.

Were you unable to back up on that site?  I hadn't thought about that being difficult.  We're still just tenters.

46 is a bit less steep though I think.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by sylviablue sylviablue wrote:

It looks perfect!  Can we consider this for a spring round up?

Baileys books up very early throught the entire season.  We like to make our site reservations there 6 months in advance to get the sites we want!
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 10:02pm

I think this may be the steepest site in the park. That poor truck really had to work to get the pod up there and the transmission got a bit warm. But the view was well worth the effort.

BTW - The barbeque place was not open while we were there. I suspect they probably only open on the weekends in the fall.

There's no such thing as "just tenters". It's where most of us came from. Even with the pod I still have visions of taking a tenting trip again someday. I miss the sound of the wind rustling the sides of the tent at night. But I don't miss the hike out to the bathroom!
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Peggy L. Peggy L. wrote:

I think this may be the steepest site in the park. That poor truck really had to work to get the pod up there and the transmission got a bit warm. But the view was well worth the effort.

BTW - The barbeque place was not open while we were there. I suspect they probably only open on the weekends in the fall.

There's no such thing as "just tenters". It's where most of us came from. Even with the pod I still have visions of taking a tenting trip again someday. I miss the sound of the wind rustling the sides of the tent at night. But I don't miss the hike out to the bathroom!

Sorry to hear you didn't get to try the BBQ place.  I wouldn't have thought it to not be open, but then again our last trip to Bailey's is usually in August.

This will always be one of my favorite campgrounds here in Ky.  We'll be making our Memorial Day reservations here in a few weeks.

So glad you enjoyed the view there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic