r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp ground review and recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baileys Point, SW KY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baileys Point, SW KY
    Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:01pm
Just returned from a 4 day stay at Baileys Point Campground.  Here are the particulars:

Bailey's Point Campground
Corps of Engineers
Barren River Lake
Southwest Kentucky near  Glasgow, KY
$22 per night (11 with senior card)
electricity and water
Almost all of site have a lake view
Many pull thrus
Laid out in loops A-F
Each loop has a bath house
MUST have reservation in order to get weekend dates
Weekday dates are pretty easy to get

Although the sites are a little close, this campground ranks in the top 5 of any campground we have visited. There are two other corps campgrounds on Barren River Lake. They are nice but do not have the lake view that we had.  There is also Barren River State Park about 5 or 10 miles from where we stayed.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:18pm

Baileys is our absolute favorite!!!

I need to move some of my FB pics of Bailey's over to here!

Which loop were you in?
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by kymooses kymooses wrote:

Baileys is our absolute favorite!!!

I need to move some of my FB pics of Bailey's over to here!

Which loop were you in?
We were at B22 which has a great view of the lake.  The people who had it reserved for this weekend canceled.  We had the option of staying thru the weekend but our grandsons are on their way to our house tonight.  Sure would have liked to stay a few days more.
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:41pm
I really like B loop a lot because of the little store up at the top of the hill.  We always stay at B45 or B46 so we can be right on the water.

kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 4:53pm
Nice, I want to go there
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 7:01pm

We just booked for a few days after the Ohio Roundup. Per the advice of kymooses we took site #45 on the B loop.

You people made is sound so good. Thanks for the recommendation.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Peggy L. Peggy L. wrote:

We just booked for a few days after the Ohio Roundup. Per the advice of kymooses we took site #45 on the B loop.

You people made is sound so good. Thanks for the recommendation.

Can't wait to hear what you think about it.  It really is a great place to spend a few days.  There is a nice BBQ place just a few minutes or so before you reach the entrance to the campground if you are ever looking for a nice local dinner one night.
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 2:06pm
We had a great time at Bailey's Point. The view from site 45-B was nothing short of awesome. I would not recommend trying to push the pod up that hill though.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Tamms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:42pm
This pic convinced us! We are going to have a long weekend there in the spring.

Tammy
Tammy, Robert, and Linus the morkie (Two & a Half Nerds)
'10 RP-174 (Nerd Pod)
'07 Dodge Ram 1500 quadcab
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:59pm
Peggy, that site is just down the hill from the site we had when we were at Bailey's Point.  It is a beautiful place.  So glad you had a good time.
Tamms perhaps we could get some of the others, who have not been able to attend a rally, to meet us there.  Wow, I just invited myself to your camping trip. LOL    MiniRally!!!!!!
R Pod 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic