r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Porch Light

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistahs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porch Light
    Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 2:27pm
Just noticed as I am loading up for a trip that the amber light by the door will not go on. Would check the bulb, but can't figure out how to get to it. Help!  And if it is not the bulb, what next?
2010 R-POD 171
2003 FORD F-150
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Sistahs Sistahs wrote:

Just noticed as I am loading up for a trip that the amber light by the door will not go on. Would check the bulb, but can't figure out how to get to it. Help!  And if it is not the bulb, what next?

Just had the same problem yesterday.

The amber lens pops out. It has 2 tabs at the top and 1 at the bottom. Just pry the lens at the tabs (gently) with a screwdriver until the lens pops out.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 3:08pm
New /Replacements can be found at walmart or auto parts stores.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Sistahs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistahs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:32pm
Thanks so much Lee and Steve! I will check it out tomorrow. Too many mosquitos and too darn hot out there now. I thought it might work like the inside lights but did  not want to push too hard and break it. As always the forum and its great people comes to the rescue. We are on our way to the mountains on Friday.
2010 R-POD 171
2003 FORD F-150
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 2:25am
Amazon and ebay also have 1156 bulbs that are led and water tight, I have considered this as a probable mod since we bought our pod in June and already had a burned out porch light bulb!
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 9:44am
I recently ordered some replacement led lights from superbrightleds.com. I ordered a replacement for the front porch light and also a few replacements for interior lights. When I get them (they have shipped), I will post pictures and a report.
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:32pm
Please do psaman !!! We'd luv to see the end result ..........
Wolf Pack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Pack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 10:06pm
A Standard 1156 bulb from Walmart / local auto parts will work, but if you leave it on all night by accident it will melt the fixture. It seems like it's too hot for the plastic. It will probably be just fine if you always remember to turn it off before you go to sleep. Mine still works with the 1156 bulb, but fixture is now deformed. Just a heads up. There must be a better replacement option. Happy Travels! 
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 2:13pm
1156 bulbs come in various wattages.. use a lower wattage bulb.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Ron 184 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 184 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 7:26am
Advance Auto has them made by Sylvania Super Bright LED, I replaced the one at the door and the front one by the battery, LED is the way to go.
R Woodward
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic