r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Dome roof poles for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
postalpanzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote postalpanzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Dome roof poles for sale
    Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:04am
the postal service has a long triangle box that it would fit in price would be dependant on where its going about $6 for a state or two away to about $14 for the east coast from colorado.
69boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:07am
You're welcome, Lee.  I just noticed that each pole has two inner extensions and locks.  Should be easier to extend and stronger too.

Bob
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 7:11pm
WOW Thumbs Up 69Boss THANKS.  They changed the design and these are nice improvement  over the ones I got (way back in JULY 09).

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:24am
Thanks for the Info.

FEDEX Ground will probably be the best (No hurry if they have a longer option).  The poles should fit in the FEDEX large triangle tube (a FedEx standard).  UPS doesn't like odd shapes so they charge more for them.  

78350 is a little town 30 miles NW of Corpus Christi they probably charge more to get there.  
78411 is my zip and it's a FedEx pickup and delivery location (versus a personal address) so that might be cheaper yet.   I'll PM my address so you can get a accurate quote.  

LeeClap

69boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 10:55am

Butterfly - Fed-Ex website calculates $15.05; Fed-Ex Ship Center quoted $19.65 for the cheapest option (3 day ground) for a Corpus Christi  zipcode picked at random (78350). 

UPS website shows $10.36; UPS Store quoted "about $25". 

Dometic charged a flat rate of $25.  The package weighs 5.4 lbs. 

I’m still trying to get accurate shipping info and will let you know.

Phil - I live near Boulder, Colorado, zip code 80026.

Thanks,

Bob

Phil H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:05pm
Where in the country are you 69Boss?
2010 R-pod 171 (sold)
2010 Surveyor SV251 towed by a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 4:03pm
 I have one bent pole (Coursity of that storm after the KY roundup) and would be nice to have back up.   Can you give me a calucated shipping price to Corpus Christi, TX 78411.
69boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 3:50pm
After waiting 2 1/2 months for 3 replacement roof poles for my R-Dome, I received 3 sets of 3 roof poles each.  Since I don't foresee needing 9 roof poles and since Dometic says on the invoice that parts are non-returnable (although I could probably argue for an RMA), I thought I'd see if anyone here needs a set.  I have two sets for sale at my cost of $34 each + whatever shipping is.

Thanks,
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic