r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are the new retractable tables available to us?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are the new retractable tables available to us?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:41pm
where can I order this new table? will it work with 2010 RP177?
Lissie
Owner of Polly-pod
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 4:50pm
Those table legs are way, way better than the original "ironing board" legs that came with our pod. I will most definitely be ordering myself a set of those.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:15pm
Check on page 1 of this thread- I posted info regarding ordering directly from FR.  I'm not sure if they will work with other models besides the 172.

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
Heretic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heretic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:34am
2011 171 "R2D2" pulled by a 2010 F-150 Lariat - UPDATE: Traded our Pod for a 2013 Catalina Santara 212BH
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 5:36pm
Hummmmmmmm, I wonder if that would work with the 173? Doesn't look like it, my couch and table area is U-shaped.

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by YakDriver YakDriver wrote:

Good to hear. I just removed the legs last night and trashed them. I saw a neat system in Camping World catalog that I want to try. I'll go by the store next week to see if it will work for the Pod and keep everyone posted.

Harry, I am really interested in what you are getting. Please do keep us posted. I took my table out, but I kept it. It is now "hibernating" in my shed.

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
YYC_Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YYC_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:50pm
Hey Heretic, that does look like an interesting option.  Thanks sharing the link!
RPOD 171
Go FLAMES GO!
Phil H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 6:37am
I had considered the type of table hardware Heretic is considering from vintage trailer supply. It is commonly available table hardware that Forest River even uses in some of its Surveyor models. That same hardware was original equipment in our 1978 Trillium trailer.

The two issues that occurred to me are that the woodwork that is available to screw into at the front of the R-pod is very light. You'd really have to get behind the panel and put in a decent 2x4 or something similar to support the weight of the table and the forces applied when lowering the table. Secondly, you wouldn't be able to push the table from side to side to slip into the seats like you can now. The trillium had a removable leaf that made the table about a foot shorter to get around this problem. We used the table in the shorter configuration except when lowering the table to make into a bed .

Otherwise, I agree with you that the pivoting hardware is better than the wobbly legs. Just some food for thought.
2010 R-pod 171 (sold)
2010 Surveyor SV251 towed by a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche
jjbescher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjbescher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 8:53am
I love the idea, but with the 173 an the u-shaped dinette, probably will not work, also, I use the area underneath the table for storage when traveling, so it would take all that away.  Although the legs are not the best, I just used velcro to hold the legs up to the table when stored.
R-Pod 173T towed by a 2003 Honda Pilot
Site # 164 Eastern Roundup
rabuol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabuol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 12:35pm

About that retractable table hardware...

Does anyone know whether that hardware is available at the dealers ?

We are undertaking our yearly trip to Florida (from Canada) on Feb 20th via I75....and wondering if someone knows where I can buy a unit ?

Lou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic