r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are the new retractable tables available to us?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are the new retractable tables available to us?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 3:20pm
We purchased one of camping world's fold down tables.  We leave one side up to give more room and fold the other down.  works like a charm.

Fold-Away Table             This is what it is called

tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:41am
I would recommend switching out the original table with the a Fold-Away Table or reinforcing the
OEM table anchoring points.  This last Fall, while I was winterizing my Pod, I leaned on one side of  the 'stored' table top and the table top crashed to the floor.  The factory had used very short screws and very soft backing wood.  The screws literally pulled out and scratched the bench wood work all the way to the floor! I ended up using through-bolts as anchor points rather than short, soft screws.  I was able to match the stain on the wood work to cover over the gouged scratches.
tsunami
Lissie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:00pm
I purchased the new table legs and just installed them last week. SWEET!
Lissie
Owner of Polly-pod
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 7:26pm
http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Personal-20-Inch-Molded-Almond/dp/B0006D50R

This is what we have in our 171 and we love it.  It's lightweight, adjustable height, it fits either direction, and we can move it outside into the dome if we want.  When/if we need to make the dinette into a bed we have three oak boards we cut to fit the space between the two seats.  One fits under each bench cushion when not in use and the third one stays in place at the end of the seats by the wall and functions as a 'coffee table' or handy place to set things. 

In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Lissie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 11:23am
I bought the table legs and I installed them last week. Threw the old ones away. (junk) The new legs are worth the investment and they are so much nicer!!!!
Lissie
Owner of Polly-pod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic