r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are the new retractable tables available to us?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are the new retractable tables available to us?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are the new retractable tables available to us?
    Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 1:31pm
Hi all-

I noticed some of the new threads on the new owner registry that the new 2011 models have a retractable table installed.   Is this something that 2009-10 R-pod owners can purchase and install?  It looks really easy to work with.  Anyone have a FR contact that they could ask?Question

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 6:57pm
Scott, you could try Susan Thornberg:
Phone 574-642-3119 ext 205
E-mail:  sthornberg@forestriverinc.com

If you do, let us know what you find out as many of us would like to know the answer.
Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 8:20pm

Here is Susan's reply- they are available!!!Big smile

Scott,

Yes, the new table base is available for your purchase.  I do believe you can use your current table top.  The base is $85.50 plus shipping.  You may order through my parts administrator Brandie Lamb at 574-642-3119 Ext 209.  We accept Visa or Master Card.

Sincerely,

Susan Thornberg
Warranty, Parts & Service Manager
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:01am
Good to hear. I just removed the legs last night and trashed them. I saw a neat system in Camping World catalog that I want to try. I'll go by the store next week to see if it will work for the Pod and keep everyone posted.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
profmagickb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:12pm
hey yak driver,  did you really trash the legs, I was tryin to find some old table legs to try out, I have the new table, I don't think I like it too much.  I think something that I can fold up out of the way would be better for my purposes, I'd be willing to come pick em up
I have good ideas....... sometimes
2011 176T
why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic R-pod ride
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Scott Scott wrote:

Hi all-

I noticed some of the new threads on the new owner registry that the new 2011 models have a retractable table installed.   Is this something that 2009-10 R-pod owners can purchase and install?  It looks really easy to work with.  Anyone have a FR contact that they could ask?Question

Scott

I'm confused with what you mean by retractable table?  Mine folds down to be use for the bed platform.  Are you referring to something different?
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

profmagickb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by this_is_nascar this_is_nascar wrote:

Originally posted by Scott Scott wrote:

Hi all-

Scott

I'm confused with what you mean by retractable table?  Mine folds down to be use for the bed platform.  Are you referring to something different?

I know there is a video out there somewhere, I don't have any pics to show you either.  The old style table legs are white and fold flat (or semi flat) to the table.  The new "retractable" table legs are black and square tubing.  they do not fold flat and are designed to pop up and down with ease.  It pops up to table height with one hand, and then you pull a pin and it goes down to bed height.  The table legs are extremely sturdy and a grown man can dance on the table (maybe) without breaking it.  I hope I didn't add even more confusion,  I'll get you some pics.
I have good ideas....... sometimes
2011 176T
why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic R-pod ride
Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 2:58pm

"R pod owners registry"  --  2011 RP-177 got it today! pics coming.....

It's under this thread that you can find the video of the new retractable table legs.  Don't know how to take you to the exact post.  Hope this helps.

Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 3:33pm
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 5:24pm
Pretty cool and definitely a big improvement.  We are good with our replacement table which is light weight, sturdy, and can be moved outdoors, etc.  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic