r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

double stack to hold bike rack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgebhard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: double stack to hold bike rack
    Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 11:19pm
Just bought double stack hitch to put bike rack between tow vehicle and pod.  tried taking spare tire off and putting bike rack on back of pod but bikes bounce bad back there on uneven roads and add sway to pod..I know double stack will decrease tongue weight and receiver capacity..tow vehicle in 3/4ton chevy van camper that weighs 11,000 with v8 and heavy duty hitch on it..rated 6,000lbs towing..has any used a double hitch for bike rack and towing..it extends the tongue between tow vehicle and pod by 6 inches or so.  how does this affect towing of pod and handling...maybe I will just forget all of this and put bikes inside van and not have to worry about them..
cmjmoore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 3:51pm
Let's see a picture
TRI-POD
Me, my Honey & Max our GSP
2013 Surveyor SP 240
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 8:06pm
You can put the bikes inside or above your van. You can also put it inside the POD or mount your bike rack on the POD's hitch. 

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic