r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rpod Cover Price increase

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olphart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod Cover Price increase
    Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 6:23pm
Just a heads up.  The cover is now $400.  I thought $300 was a little pricey when you look at the price of other rv covers!  Oh well, I guess the launchpod doesn't get covered this year  Cry
Rpod 171.."Launch Pod",(lunchpod?)
2004 Sienna
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:15pm
Man, I was just getting ready to order one myself!

There's about $250 in material in it including zipper and other supplies. It's Tyvek, like big kites are made out of.

We could do it.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:08pm
Yup, me too. I was on the fence at $300, but $400 pushed me off for good.
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
photog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by olphart olphart wrote:

Just a heads up.  The cover is now $400.  I thought $300 was a little pricey when you look at the price of other rv covers!  Oh well, I guess the launchpod doesn't get covered this year  Cry

We just traded our 171 for something bigger and have a brand new cover, never even been out of the bag and I'd sell it for $ 200.00 but I have now idea what the shipping cost would be. If you are interested send me a PM.

Heinrich
Heinrich and Elly

2010 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
Prime Time Tracer 205 M
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:59am
The funny thing is where I live, everyone sells carports- delivered to your house for about $595. A pod would fit perfect and they can raise the side posts to whatever height you want. The your Pod would be covered, you could still use it and the would be no huge pile of cover to hoist over to use or roll up to store.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 1:10pm
Hey kmcmurph --
We have one of those type of carports your talking about, we call it the pod-port.  Will be glad to post a pic if you want.  I would just advise, the $595 is really a teaser rate. 

When you add:  1. Price increase to raise the height.  
                          2. Price increase to go to a heavier guage metal.  (This is strickly optional, but
                              it meant the difference between basically a 90 installation warrany or a 
                              lifetime warranty on the materials and workmanship)
                          3. Wind rating braces.  (Once again optional, but affects the warrany the same as
                              item 2 above.)
                          4. Installation (Here in NC it was 10% of the cost of the carport.)
                          5. State sales tax.  (At the time here in NC was 7.5%.)

So the check I wrote was for a  more than double the $595 intro rate.  I love our pod-port and
would do it again in a minute.  Rob

2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 1:40pm
Yeah, good info. I was just an idea to toss out there instead of spending $400 on a cover. I also considered just building one myself out of pressure treated posts and some siding from the Home Depot. Maybe corrugated panel roofing and cement board siding for the side(s). Or maybe even no sides. If I do anything like that, I'll post some pics.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
TheDogHouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDogHouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 8:07pm
I guess it was by luck that I ordered mine about a month ago. The cover is well made but a bear to put on by yourself. The design was well thought out with a door and the fit is just like a glove. I think I'd be on the fence to pay $400 for it though.
Steve and Rosa
2011 R Pod 173T * 2009 Silverado ext cab
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 12:22pm
Save your $$$.  If and when your R-Pod was sitting on the dealer's lot, it was not covered.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Derekrainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekrainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 3:02am
Worth the price and really fits perfect. You may be able to make one but it's going to take lots of work. This has the ac unit area compensation and it's just perfect. Fit better than any Pool cover we ever bought!
Third camper in ten years. 177 is the best we have had. Chevy crew cab truck to pull it with
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic