FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RPOD mattress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bumc1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPOD mattress
    Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 1:07am
Ok so a follow up with the 8 inch camping world mattress on the top bunk of my 176 it did make me feel close to the roof though the comfort far out weighs the previous option. I also saw that IKEA also had a mattress that would fit better as it wasn't as tall and was the correct width. Wish the mattress was 2 inches narrower. Will keep it though and use it.
Lisa
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 3:03pm
It replaces it. Our old mattress was 6" thick and weighted about 20 pounds. The new one is 8' thick and weighs over 50 lbs. A huge difference is quality. However, I guess they both could be used, but we felt no reason for that after sleeping on it. We only used the foam pad because we already had it and it was cut to size.
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
leonlewt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonlewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:21am
I think a roll up topper is my only option,...we have a 4 year old,..and if weather is cool or wet I see her having breakfast in the pod.  So i'll need a quick convenient way to break down the bed.  Thanks to all for the input. Keep it coming.  Camping season is almost here!
marc515 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 7:14am
Does the mattress in a box go on top of the stock mattress or replace it?
Best Regards,.....Marc & Joan
And....Tucker (our yellow lab)
2011 Heartland MPG-181
2011 Nissan Pathfinder
USMC 69-73
God Bless all our Men & Women in Uniform
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 2:03am
We just spent the weekend sleeping on our new Eurotop mattress from Camping World. We also had a 2 inch foam topper we put over the mattress. That was left over from trying to make the stock mattress sleep-able. Both Adeliza and I think it was a fantastic improvement over stock. If one plans to sleep there more than a couple nights a year, it is a good investment, in our opinion.
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
bumc1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 10:15pm
Ok FYI I purchased the bunk mattress from camping world for my 176 and it is technically too wide. I knew as soon as I took it from the box. I chose to use anyway it only hangs over slightly. I love it.
Lisa
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 10:06pm
We, too, use a mattress topper and always roll it up and keep it on the top bunk (along with the dog's stuff) so we can use the dinette. It fits well if you roll it up on the shorter axis, not the longer one.
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 1:36pm
We leave the table down all the time, but whenever we take the trailer in for service they will put the mattress topper and place it on the top bunk.  It may not roll up as well as you like, but it's doable.

Tim
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
leonlewt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonlewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 1:24pm
Thanks Tim,...I need it to be compact enough to roll up and store on the top bunk if we need dinette during the day.  so hoping something like that would be the answer.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 12:35pm
Leonlewt, we use a memory foam topper, and it works out well.  You will probably find it to be more comfortable than sleeping on the cushions.

Tim
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic