r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

172 top bunk loose?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billydkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 172 top bunk loose?
    Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:08pm
I have my 172 in for warranty work with the corners on the belly being sealed and the bunk bed on top is loose. They dont have a pod to look at to compare.  Can anyone tell me how the top bunk corner next to the door is secured???  Mine is loose and when you push down it moves and not attached at all???  Is there a stud there the bed should be screwed into? 

Thanks for any advise you can give if you look at yours. The dealer is trying to decide how to fix it without tearing the bunk apart!!!!! 
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 7:16pm
We have the 172 and ordered the top bunk loose. If my memory serves me right...When we where at the RV dealer to see how they where attached, so we could take the top bunk off, it was screwed into the wall.  It's made like a hollow door.  There is a metal stud that runs across the sides and front.  The top plywood maybe stapled to the frame and all you have to do is remove it.  The one we saw at the dealer was loose so we were able to pick up the plywood and see how it was attached.  Look for the staples and remove them and the plywood should come out.     Hope this helps.  Good luck. 
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic