r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Announcing 2nd Annual 2011 Eastern R-Pod Round-Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Announcing 2nd Annual 2011 Eastern R-Pod Round-Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 60>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 1:02pm
Christy put us down for spot 169, but a post from Oct of last year lists that spot as already being booked. Oh well, it will all work out when we get there.
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
GaRedneck81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaRedneck81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 4:39pm
See you there shipmate. I will be in spot 170.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.
GaRedneck81
U.S.Navy-Retired
Heavy Chevy 5.7 liter
RP-172
Kennesaw, Ga.
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Billy Bob Billy Bob wrote:

Christy put us down for spot 169, but a post from Oct of last year lists that spot as already being booked. Oh well, it will all work out when we get there.
BillyBob, glad you're coming.  Spot 169 was booked by an unknown person who cancelled his reservation last month.  I'm glad you're booked and I think that should be a great site. Looking forward to June.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 12:40pm
Volunteers needed!

Cooking Forum - Need someone to ask for volunteers and organize the gathering.  We could have dutch oven cooking demo, campfire cooking or convection oven baking demos. 

Mod Forum - Need someone to set up and organize a discussion of mods and or solutions to common problems.  This person would also ask for volunteers to open their campers for others to view their mods.

Sunday Morning Breakfast - Need someone to organize the breakfast.  Mrs. Piper has a large coffee pot.  We hope SylviaBlue can provide the Costa Rican coffee again (please).

Tink has graciously agreed to organize the Saturday evening dinner and drawing.  It's shaping up to be a fun evening too.

Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 6:10pm
Do we have a site map with who will be where?  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by sylviablue sylviablue wrote:

Do we have a site map with who will be where?  
Sylvia, the site map is not updated.  Todd has been very busy. 
My list of sites and attendees is listed below:  Hope this helps

SITES Name
150 Daystarc
151 Bridge 707
152 TPierce220
155 VSNLEX
156 Bittersweet
158 R&T's Sister Sharon
159 R&T 
160 Brin
163 Pam & Bob DeLay
164  - Not available Sun. Night
165 Don & Mary
166 Pepperpod & Coach
167 Tablekld93
168 PodDink
169 BillyBob
170 GARedneck81
194 Wbillar
195 Tink
196 Sandpiper
197 Taberella
198 SWMBO
199 TDRACE
200  - Not available Sun. Night
201 PhilH
202 PeggyL
203 ProfmagicKB
204 Olphart
205 Sylvia Blue
206 CaverKim
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 7:18pm
Thanks guys.  I know it's a lot of work. We appreciate your efforts immensely.
 And yes, we will bring coffee for Sunday breakfast as well as some whole bean coffee to go with the grand prize of  ------- A Handmade Grinder!!  Some one is going to be very lucky.  Tongue  (This may be our last time to bring the Cosa Rican coffe so enjoy).

I'd like to see some demos with the convection microwave as I think it is SUPER DE DUPER.  In fact, I could make you some cornbread in it if you like.  Tink and Ella, you guys doing the dutch oven demo again?  I'd like to see someone make something in the pie irons.  Thinking about buying one of those. 

Is it June yet?  Ermm
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 1:59pm
This is going to be a terrific gathering.  I am getting more excited every day.  Some time this week, I will try to post some websites for attractions in the surrounding areas. 
@Sandpiper, how do I post them to the Info Only site?
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 3:13pm
We'll have a pie iron with us, so I can imagine that I can do something with that as a demo.  

When I was a child, we had one and loved the pies and pizzas that we made sitting around the campfire at night.  When we signed the papers at the RV show for ¡Podtástic!, the first thing I said is that I needed to look for a pie iron maker.  We walked by a display of trailer supply stuff and, sure enough, there was a pie iron maker.  

Pepperpod--where abouts in Central Kentucky are you from?  I'm originally from Louisville, but I have a ton of family who still live down there--E-town, Lexington, Georgetown, Danville, Leitchfield, as well as Louisville.

June will be fantastic!
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 3:54pm
We live north of Lexington.  Not far from the Horse Park.  Central Kentucky is a beautiful area. I love the Horse Park and hope the attendees feel the same.
Sylviablue and her husband purchased a property near Elizabethtown after visiting Kentucky during the 1st Roundup. Big smile
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 60>
  Share Topic