r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Announcing 2nd Annual 2011 Eastern R-Pod Round-Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Announcing 2nd Annual 2011 Eastern R-Pod Round-Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 60>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjbescher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 1:33pm
Just 51 days left till the roundup and we only have 6 people that have sent in mods.

Even if you have mods and do not want to show them off, please send them in.  Otherwise, the mod discussion will be very short.

Name: (Either Username and/or Real Name)
Site:
Model #:
Mods:
Whether you are willing to show it:

Please either Private Message me or e-mail at jjbescher @ gmail.com (remove spaces)

jon

R-Pod 173T towed by a 2003 Honda Pilot
Site # 164 Eastern Roundup
Trypod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 1:36pm

One of the reasons we bought the camper was to be able to bring our dog when we traveled.  We need to work with her to get her to understand we will return to the camper if we leave without her.  She tends to whine while we're gone.  Other than that, it's wonderful to have her with us.  I found a few places - like beaches - that didn't allow dogs so I bought a back pack for her this year.  :)  I always have water and plastic bags with us wherever we go.  She never wanders off but, just in case, I have my name, address and phone number on a tag on her collar.  I've thought about a micro chip...

It will be fun to have another furry friend at camp!

Sally and Steve
Bichon Sylvie
R Pod 171
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 3:15pm
We will be bringing Panzer with us.   We also bought the Pod for the dog.   Wink

Definitely should  consider good forms of ID---collar with id tags and/or microchip and getting the dog comfortable with the new living quarters when at home.    We do have to plan an exercise schedule too with Panzer so that she is tired when we are not with her (this also keeps her quiet).  Lots of walking is encouraged as long as the weather is not too hot and the dog is used to it.   

I am glad that someone is counting down the days now.   
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
Trypod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 3:42pm

I also keep a copy of Sylvie's shot record in the Pod, too.  Some campsites might request it.

Sally and Steve
Bichon Sylvie
R Pod 171
Jeep Grand Cherokee
taberella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taberella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 7:24pm
Most State Parks say they require vaccination papers -- but they never ask for them; We always travel with copies of them in the tow vehicle in case we are asked.  I also carry small printed pictures of the dogs in case they should get away -- I can then show people what they look like.

Even if they have microchips the easiest way to get a pet back to you in a campground is to have your cell phone number on the dog tag. You can also buy a little nitro-glycerin holder (a metal capsule with a tight screw-lid) and write your campsite information and dates and contact information on a piece of paper and insert it in the capsule and hang from the collar.

Also be aware that many public and private campgrounds deny access to certain breeds -- pit bulls, rotweillers, German Shepard dogs, etc. Research your breed and make sure it is not prohibited.

For our little doggies we carry a soft-sided hexagonal playpen that is lightweight and easy to set up in the campsite. The sidewalls are solid with some dog-bone-shape mesh ventilation see-thru areas. I really think that having the solid side panes keeps the dogs from seeing everything that is going on and barking. Just in case, we carry a "bark box" that is sound activated and emits a high-frequency reminder to our dogs to quit barking.

Ella
T@BERELLA
Sister to TinkeRPod
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 7:55pm
All good.  thanks everyone.  We too were thinking of our dogs when we bought the pod but this is the first time we'll all be together in the States to camp together.
I was just worried because our dogs love to run free and really need a lot of exercise.  I have a crate for the younger one that I will use when we are not in or around the Pod.  Otherwise I think she'd take the place apart one bite at a time!
They are both sweet dogs and would like to make friends with the other Pod Dogs! 

Toby & Tess, the dynamic duo.

In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

jjbescher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjbescher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:27am
Those bringing dogs that need exercise, this seems to be close by.

http://www.friendsofthedogpark.org/masterson.htm

Google Maps is saying it is 15 minutes away.

jon

jjbescher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjbescher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:32am
Originally posted by jjbescher jjbescher wrote:

jon

Clicking on the other parks, it actually looks like Coldstream Park maybe closer.  Maybe someone from the area can confirm that.

sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:42am
This is great.  Our dogs are very active and a good run will help them behave in camp.  It would take a LOT of walking otherwise.   

Thanks Jon.
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 4:48pm

jon

Clicking on the other parks, it actually looks like Coldstream Park maybe closer.  Maybe someone from the area can confirm that.

John I have never been to either park but can tell you that Coldstream Park would be much easier to reach.  It is just a short distance off of I 75.   If you go to Masterson Station Park, you will have to go into north Lexington, get on Circle 4, and then get onto Leestown Pike.  Hope this helps.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 60>
  Share Topic