r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Announcing 2nd Annual 2011 Eastern R-Pod Round-Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Announcing 2nd Annual 2011 Eastern R-Pod Round-Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 60>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 6:09pm
When choosing a site you might want to look back to the third post on this topic.  There were a few sites that were already booked before they blocked them off for us.  Mary has the numbers that were available to us listed on page one of this thread.   Glad to see more people signing up!!!  I'm so excited already, will be hard to wait for next June.
Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
Soccer Ref View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soccer Ref Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:58am
I am NOT impressed with the admin at this venue.
I rang them 3 times yesterday, a male answered, and told me he thought Rachelle would be in later, and that he couldn't help me book a space as "Rachelle deals with all group bookings". He asked me to leave my contact numbers, which I did.
On my third call, a different male told me Rachelle was not in that day, and would be in on Friday, and he couldn't book me a place either, but not to worry as the spaces were all blocked for r-podders.
I rang this morning at 0820, and spoke to Rachelle. I asked her if I could book a space for the r-pod round-up next June. She told me she would have to take my number and get back to me. When I asked her if it would be this morning (because we are leaving at noon to go off for our last trip this year in the Nerd Pod) she said "I cannot lie to you - probably NOT - I have a million things to do".

I am NOT impressed - perhaps they can shove this up one of their famous race-horse's ars-es.

There are probably other sites who would like our business on these dates.
-------------------------
Robert, Tammy and Linus the Morky (Two and a Half Nerds)
Nerd-Pod 174
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:07am
We have to be in Lexington on Sunday, we are going to stop by and see the sites in person and decide which one we want.  I was going to call today to reserve but maybe I'll wait based on Soccer's post above!!  Ermm
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 10:45am

Robert,

I am sorry that you are having difficulty booking your site.  They have college students who man the desk when the managers are not there.  They do seem to have little knowledge of what is going on.  I can tell you that this weekend is their BIG Halloween event that they do every year.  The campground is full.  They are having bands, etc. there this weekend. I am sure that she is overwhelmed because the other manager is out on sick leave.
Mary has asked me to be the contact person for the campground.  I have placed a call to Rachelle and if she does not get back to me, I will get in touch with her some way.
After this week, things will calm down at the campground.  I will let you know what I find out.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 11:21am
That make sense Pepper, glad you clarified it for us.  I'll wait to call next week.  Thank you!  Smile
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 6:41pm
Called the camp today and also had trouble speaking to anyone who could help but will try again next week.  We want site #205 (looks like some shade). Cool
We enjoyed this year's roundup and look forward to seeing all of you again next year with the addition of new faces.  This park is exactly 100 miles from our new house so we will not be coming the furthest next year! (Unless we are not moved by then Ermm)
Are there hiking/walking trails there?  I didn't see anything on the website except horse stuff and we're not horse people.  Course there is the pleasure of your wonderful company . . . .
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 10:07am
As of this morning, the following sites have been booked:
Sites 150, 163, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 202

Sites available are:  145 - 149, 151 - 160, 164, 170, 181 - 194, 200, 201, 203 - 206

Christy is in the office today if you call 800-370-6416.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 10:30am
I called and spoke to Christy this morning, we have site #206 from 6/23 to 6/26.  We may decide to come a day earlier, if we do I will call back and get that site and let you all know.  We are excited to meet everyone!  
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 12:51pm

I just spoke to Christy at the Horse Park.  They are now holding the sites an extra day for us.  You can arrive on Thursday June 23 and depart on Monday June 27th with no reservation fee.  You can change the dates within that time frame without penalty.  If you want to arrive on an earlier date or stay an extra day, you will need to pay the reservation fee and use your credit card to make your reservation.  Sites 163, 164, 199, 200 and 201 are already booked on Sunday night so are not available.  Hope this clarifies everything.  If you booked site 169, please let us know who you are. 

Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
bridge707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridge707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 1:05pm
We made our reservations for the round up today. We will be at site C 151. I know some folks may want to make sure that they are not down hill from us considering Goofy's last attempt at doing his own thing. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon.
Greg and Julie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 60>
  Share Topic