r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Announcing 2nd Annual 2011 Eastern R-Pod Round-Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Announcing 2nd Annual 2011 Eastern R-Pod Round-Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 60>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 5:41pm
Thanks Todd.  Your map is great.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 7:28pm
According to my records, the following sites are available:
145 - 149, 152 - 160, 164, 170,181, 182 - 194, 200, 201, 203, 204.

You can see the individual sites on the park website.  Take a look and let us know your plans.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 10:14pm

Thank you Mary for the information.

I think you said that we have 16 registered at this point.  Last year on November 8, 2009, we had three Pods registered.  I really feel that we are going to have a very successful rally in 2011.  Although we have the sites blocked out for us, some of them are much better sites than others.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:54pm
I have been asked to elaborate on my statement that "some sites are better than others".  Loop C seemed to be the best one for our needs considering that we thought we would have up to 50 Pods by June.  Some of the sites have little or no shade.  The loop that we chose had the most level sites per loop.
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 11:37am
I am so looking forward to it!   
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:52am
It is a cold and dreary day where I live so I am thinking summer. Big smile   Here is some information about the area near the Horse Park. I will try to add to it as the winter progresses.

Here are some sites to look at:

www.kentucky.gov      
 www.imh.org    This is the Horse Park museum site.

More places of interest that you can do a search on:
     Renfro Valley
     Shaker Village
     Kentucky Wineries (Richmond, Lexington, Versailles, and Midway are fairly close)
     Georgetown, KY  has many antique stores and is just off of I 75 north of the Park
R Pod 172

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:57am
Pepper,
That some great information.  It may be good to add to an Information Only thread. 
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 10:06am

Thanks Mary. Do we have an Eastern RPod Roundup 2011 Info Only topic yet?

R Pod 172

vsnlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vsnlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 11:54pm
We have reserved site 155.  We are the couple that attended the 2010 Round-Up...without
our new R-Pod.....it was to be delivered the next week.  We live in Lexington. Visited the Horsepark Camp Ground yesterday and it is great! There is a new paved trail, Legacy Trail (a gift from the World Equestrian Games) that starts at the camp ground - 8 lovely miles for walking or biking. Fantastic trail. Thumbs Up  Bring your bikes or walking shoes and plan to use it. There is so much to see and do in and around Lexington.

We are looking forward to meeting all of you and enjoying the 4 days in the Bluegrass.

Terry and Pat Esrael
R-177 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:02am
Glad you're coming.  You don't have to drive very far.  I will definitely bring the bikes to try out the new trail.  See you in June.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 60>
  Share Topic