r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RP 177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajej2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RP 177
    Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 11:50pm
Hello.

We are new owners of a 177 which we will pick up in the Spring. I am a TT newbie in upstate New York and I'm giving up my hatchback and looking a getting a midsize SUV (I'm thinking of a Ford Explorer) to tow it. 
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 12:44am
Congrats to you! Welcome and I'm sure you will find lots of helpful information here. If you can't find something feel free to ask!Smile
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
pmjensen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:53am
Congratulation and Welcome as Heidi said this is a great forum for any type of R-Pod info.
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2011 Frontier SV
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 10:21am
Congrats and welcome!  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 8:46pm
Congratulations and welcome from a fellow 177 owner!
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
turncoat3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turncoat3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:32pm
Welcome as well from an ex yankee from New York.  We have a 177 and tow it very nicely with a Ford Sport Trac 4.0L V6 with towing package.  your gas milage with an Explorer will most likely be the same as I have.  normal 20mpg. towing 10-12.  If you decide on an Explorer look for the 4.2 V6 or even an small V8.  You will do better with towing on hills but not much on mpg.
We love the expandable and spend as much time as work allows using the camper.
Best of luck and I am sure you will love the live style and this website.  I have found many new things and "Pod Mods" that work well.
Smile
Ben & Lorrie
2010 RP177
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:40pm
Congrats and welcome! You will find loads of information here on The Nation!

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
Leaflin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaflin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 6:30pm
Congratulations and Welcome!

Our tow vehicle is a 1997 Ford Explorer SOHC, 4.0 liter V6 with towing package.
Before we got the Leaf-Pod we pulled a 4,000 lb 25' TT.
Compared to that the Leaf-Pod is a breeze!
The Explorer sent us a thank you card when sold the other trailer and got the R-Pod LOL
Leaf-Pod 173
97 Ford Explorer
http://www.leaflin.net
BSAJim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 9:18pm
Greetings fellow 177 owner!

If you are looking for a new tow vehicle, I would recommend looking at the Toyota Highlander 4WD with the 270hp v-6. It is available with a tow package that includes oil cooler, transmission cooler, oversize alternator, and oversize radiator with additional fan. Takes te mfg rated towing capacity to 5,000 lbs.

Jim & Carmen - San Jose, CA
r-pod 177 and V-6 Highlander
Randyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:45am
I have been shopping now for about three months.  Saw the R-Pod at Fort Stevens in Oregon in July and decided to start looking.  A little tough to find in Washington State but located one in Seattle two weeks ago.  Now in negotiations for the price.  They are a little pricy this far west. Saw the Hood River edition but I dont like the paint job as well. hopefully I will be podding at Fort Stevens this summer. I have enjoyed the site..
Randyc
R Chapman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic