r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prepare for success

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prepare for success
    Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 3:57pm
Dear r-pod Nation team,

IMHO, the most important thing you can do to improve the forum is to prepare for success. It's coming.

I work for a company that makes data storage systems for very large organizations/companies. Some of our customers are operating systems with >1 exabyte of data (thats 1 billion gigabytes). Most endeavors never believe that they will get big, and therefore don't plan for it.

As a site becomes larger, it has to move from organic (just shove information in) to managed (information is summarized and organizedso that it can be used).

Right now, the r-pod Nation forum is approaching a tipping point. Information is scattered about in different areas at different organization layers. Eventually, it will be too hard for people to find information, and will look elsewhere.

The creation of a FAQ from existing posts is an excellent start. You should also start looking at the structure of the site to ensure that it will sustain the growth that will come from a growing population of r-pod owners who will come looking for support.

Let me know how I can help!

Jim & Carmen - San Jose, CA
r-pod 177 and V-6 Highlander
Gator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:28pm
Very Big Welcome to the Both of you Jim & Carmen.
People like y'all are what makes this forum so great.
I can't wait to see some improvements.
Thanks for your help,   already!!
Gator & Tammy
2010 r-pod 177 "LoadeD"
'06 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 RED
Houma, La.
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 8:11pm
Your right about that Jim !

The FAQ is an attempt to organize the "good stuff". This forum is unique (IMHO).
It seems every post is "good stuff".

Any assistance you can offer is very appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic