r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-Pod Wannabe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-Pod Wannabe
    Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 3:25am
I happened across the r-Pod site accidentally and was so impressed. I have been looking for a small trailer suitable for one person and light enough to tow with my Subaru Forester. I think the pod would be perfect and I am looking forward to seeing it in person!  Smile
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 2:12pm
Big smileWife and I purchased a 171 a couple of weeks ago, we really like it. Hope you are a pod owner soon. Jim
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 6:46pm
We liked the R-pod so much after seeing it at an RV show, we are selling our BRAND NEW KZ that we picked up in Sept. 08, and ordered an R-pod.  It is exactly what we were looking for.  If we would have known about it last fall, we would not have bought the KZ.  We are looking forward to our first adventure in it.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 7:32am
We went to the Milwaukee camping show a couple of weeks ago and saw the Rpod.  I hope it works out for you.  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 9:46am
Thanks.  We are excited about it and can't wait for it to be delivered.  Where in the Milwaukee area do you live?
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 12:20pm
Ted and I live in Greendale.  Southridge is in Greendale.  Are you from WI too?  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
tedbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 5:55pm

Last year, I was looking at the hardwood interior Scamp, then was seduced by the T@B but wished it had a bathroom.  I waited hoping that something better would come along, and lo and behold I stumbled onto the r-pod!  For me, it's the perfect marriage of luxury and portability, and I was very impressed with the materials, fit, and finish when I checked one out yesterday here in Omaha.

You can only tell so much from photos and specs, and when I climbed into the 151 I realized that it was a tad too small for me, so I'm shooting for the 171 instead.  It will be the autumn before I can afford one, so until then I will be preparing like I have a new baby on the way, namely getting a larger storage unit to keep it in.

Thanks, Forest River, for coming up with such a wonderful travel trailer and for inspiring me to get back in touch with the fun of traveling and camping that I recall from my childhood!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 5:57am
If you like extra space the 175 is huge.  It has a pull out on the side.  We decided to go with the 171 because it is $1000 cheaper and in WI it gets cold in the fall  and early spring.  Also we have deep freeze in January.  We were concerned about heat loss when the pull out was open and damage to the pull out mechanism in winter.  When we walked around in the 174 with the dinette made into a bed the inside space was amazing.  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
motx72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motx72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 11:11am
We currently have a small popup, but our lift system issues have had us considering a small hybrid as a replacement.  We just want something light (so that we don't have to run out & purchase a large TV), but something that has room for both of us & our two little boys.

Well, we have found it with the model 172.  It's perfect!!!   I saw it at the RV show in Feb, and went to look at them with the family last weekend.  My wife LOVES it!  Nothing else on the market even comes close.

Hope to have our very own soon.  Until then, I'll just keep asking all of you to keep sharing your pics & stories to hold me over.   Thanks in advance everyone!!!

=motx72
Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic