r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reception

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0327wanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reception
    Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:15pm
Hi I'm a new R-Pod owner. I'm getting things figured out but one. How the heck do you get the thing on the roof that looks like the starship Enterprize to work? I can turn the radio on but I get zero reception. Same thing with the TV. I have 16 pounds of manuals but nothing about that. Help! Ops almost forgot mine has the slide out I think it's a 173?
0327wanda
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:32pm
Should be a switch from cable to antenna, somewhere near the DVD/TV.  Mine is inside a cabinet.  

Welcome..I Have a different model.

Good Luck

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:33pm
The space ship looking thing is a Powered TV/FM antenna which I'm sure you have figured out.  There is an ON/OFF switch for it on the panel where you connect the coax cable from your TV/Radio unit.  Your reception will be little to none if the power is turned off.   There is a lite on the panel that comes on when the power is on.

Hope this helps. 

You should have received a two page manual for the antenna.

Welcome to the forum and the world of  r pods.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 2:30pm
I could be wrong, but I don't think the roof top antenna does anything for FM radio reception The Fm antenna is the little wire the hangs down.  If I change it's orientation it effects reception.  I have purchased a FM radio antenna that will mount on the side of the pod and plan on buying a 12V radio CD player and installing that with 2 speakers mounted in the front.  The unit provided is not very expensive.  You can also purchase a 12V flat screen up to 20 inches or so.  This will give you ability to operate off grid.

Lark 171 F150 
Lark
cfernandz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfernandz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 4:23pm
My 2011 176T has two separate antennas.  The one for the radio is mounted on the street side and looks like a regular car radio antenna.  The larger antenna on the roof is just for the TV.  That's my understanding.
Carlos
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic