r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Circuit breaker is ON - GFI is ON - No power to Fr
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Circuit breaker is ON - GFI is ON - No power to Fr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Circuit breaker is ON - GFI is ON - No power to Fr
    Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 10:08am
r-pod 177. We used a small space heater in the last 2 months and, this morning, the power to the line under the bed went off, as well as the power to the fridge.

I reset the breakers, the gfi etc... no success. 

Any suggestion is welcome before we stop at a dealer...

Thanks.
Jerome
r-pod 177 (July 2010) Tundra 2007 Long Bed
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 12:01pm
I had that happen, only I was using my hairdryer and a heater plugged into that receptacle. I thought I had flipped the breaker hard enough, but he came right in and did it and it started working. Flip the breaker harder to the left until it clicks and then back to the right. See if that works.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 12:22pm
Did you actually cycle the breakers (flick them off and then flick them back on)?  If not, do so.

Did you check that the fridge is plugged in?  Sometimes the plug will work loose.

Outside your r-pod, remove the lower fridge vent cover.  Tucked in on one side (its on the right on my 171, but yours may be different) is a standard 120v recepticle where the fridge should be plugged in.

Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Jerome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 12:55pm
Thanks... I tried all the above... it looks like there is a gfi somewhere that needs reset because even the outside outlet (marked gfi) stopped working... I switched the hot wire from the original breaker to the AC one... still no juice... I may need to revisit the converter breaker box...

It is cold in Texas today!Cry
Jerome
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 3:01pm
Well, it sounds like you've got a burned-out GFI, a burned-out breaker or a loose wire somewhere.  Time to get out the multimeter...
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:28pm
 I also have a R-177. The ac outlet located on the side of the seat next to the slide has the GFCI . The reset button is located on this ac outlet; near the bottom.
 Push this button and that should reset all of the gfci circuits and ac outlets.
 Good Luck.
 Tom
Tom And Linda
Rpod 177                      Southwest florida

Jerome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by GrandPod GrandPod wrote:

I also have a R-177. The ac outlet located on the side of the seat next to the slide has the GFCI . The reset button is located on this ac outlet; near the bottom.
 Push this button and that should reset all of the gfci circuits and ac outlets.
 Good Luck.
 Tom

Not so. There is one circuit for it and a few others for MW, Converter etc... the kitchen outlet says GFCI (a small blue label, but NO buttons)... but the only resettable one is reset, and the kitchen's still out. I cannot find any other.

The funny part is that the breaker was never tripped...the outlet under the bed just STOPPED providing current. That circuit is the same as the fridge, the external outlet, the kitchen, and of course the bed's. The converter is also linked to the same breaker and that seems to work.

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder if there is a hidden GFCI somewhere?
Jerome
Jerome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 5:42pm
I will get one at Wal-Mart,  a nice 100 mile return trip.I have to say that  I unscrewed all the potentially offending outlets. Everything looks good. Baffled and a tad frustrated.
Jerome
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Jerome Jerome wrote:

The funny part is that the breaker was never tripped..

Are you sure that you fully cycled all of your breakers off and then on again?  Its difficult to tell if the breakers have blown just by looking at them.
Jerome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 12:26am
Thanks, I do not have a multimeter... BUT the same breaker also controls the converter and I have a pretty solid 12 volt - and it is warm to the touch. The breaker protects at least 3 circuits. And 2 of them have outlets labelled GCFI - but it is just that, a label.
Jerome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic