r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp ground review and recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kiptopeke State Park

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kiptopeke State Park
    Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 5:27pm
We just got back from camping over Thanksgiving at Kiptopeke State Park on the eastern shore of Virginia near Cape Charles.   This park had full hookups and even a few cable channels and was within walking distance of the Chesapeake Bay.   The sites were close together (to be expected with full hookups, I guess) but since there were only about 5 of us in the campground, it didn't matter.  The close the park down on the first Monday in December so I guess many people don't plan to camp over Thanksgiving and the ranger said that the fishing in the area had not been good.      I would definitely like to go back to the area.  The park had some very nice trails for hiking or off road bike riding.   There was a refuge  (Savage Neck) nearby that had a deserted beach for walking on the Chesapeake Bay. 

The pod enjoying some vacation time.

A shot of the campground--with hardly any campers.

The marina at the park at sunset.  The boats have been put there to act as a breakfront.

The beach at Savage neck
Savage neck beach--The sad part was the amount of trash that had washed up on the beach.

Panzer does love camping and hamming it up for the camera.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:42pm
Oh, that is beautiful. I'd like to go there! Thank you for posting.

(There must be something the matter with me. I can never get enough of seeing pictures of pods in different locations.)
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Peggy L. Peggy L. wrote:

Oh, that is beautiful. I'd like to go there! Thank you for posting.

(There must be something the matter with me. I can never get enough of seeing pictures of pods in different locations.)

I feel the same way looking at other's camping pictures.  Maybe we carry a little bit of all the podders here with us each time one of us goes camping. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic