r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dealers in Western NY?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeko93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealers in Western NY?
    Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 8:29am
I live near Buffalo, NY and as far as I can tell no one sells the R-pod.  I've searched as far east as Syracuse and south to Erie, PA.  Can anyone tell me if there's a dealer closer than Ontario, Canada (don't really want to deal with the bridges) or Couch's in Ohio?
I really want to walk around and get a feel for one before I would even consider ordering one.
Thanks for putting up with a newbie.
NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 8:35am
You will throw away almost 3 grand by buying in your area... I decided to get mine from couch's and saved $2600 - after my cost to go pick it up. you should go take a look at the ones on the floor, the problem I found is that most dealers only carry 1 or 2 floorplans - where the guys at couchs have 5 or 6 plans on their lot at any given time ...what floorplan where you thinking of getting?
teeko93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeko93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 3:02am
I would like the 171.  I don't mind buying it out of state, especially if it will save me $$$, my problem is I want to actually walk around one.  There will usually be 2 adults and 2-3 small pets.  I really just want to see if there's enough space to begin with.
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 6:08am
I too was leary about buying one without seeing it in person.  Lucky for me I live near Couch's and drove up one afternoon.  They had many floor plans in stock and we toured each.

If you stay with the 17x units size won't be an issue.  You can increase the feeling of more space with the slide out models.  We were going to get the slide, but decided the 54" sofa was too short for our daughter to sleep on.  Took the 172 instead.

Also, the dome also adds a huge amount of space outside.

Couch's was shipping to the west coast for about $1500.  Getting it to NY should be less and it can be serviced be any Forest River dealer for warranty claims.

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic