r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just a newbie...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a newbie...
    Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 2:45pm
We just purchased a RP-171 (is it 'a' or 'an' RPod?) in a private sale - almost new, only two short camping trips on it.  It has a sway control setup that I don't see the need for behind the truck.  But it has no risers, which I can see the need for after scraping the sway unit's connectors on several bumps and into the driveway.  There are no dealers nearby in Central NJ, but there is a competent RV dealer just down the road who has done lights and wiring for my other utility trailer for me.  Are there specific riser sets for the pods, or can I go to my local guy and ask to purchase generic ones to have them installed?  Looking forward to sleeping off the ground... and fixing up our new home away!!!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
profmagickb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 3:16pm
congrats on the purchase, youre gonna love it. 

I don't know if there are generic risers but you should be able to order them, and have your local guy put em on.  They are merely a piece of metal that sits between the axle and trailer frame. Mine were $200 installed. Certainly would be easy enough to fabricate some too.

Got this pic off the internet, so you can see what you need.

I have good ideas....... sometimes
2011 176T
why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic R-pod ride
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 3:29pm
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll talk to the RV dealer down the road and see what we can do.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 5:47pm
Congrats on your new Pod.  We too have a 171 and are very happy with it.
Happy trails. . . . . . .
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 7:44pm
I installed the lift kit available from Forest River.  I had my local dealer install them while I waited.  I'm very glad I did.  No more scraping!
I also flipped my hitch over to raise the hitch height.

Lark  F-150 R 171
Lark
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 3:16pm
congrats and enjoy your purchase!  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
flamingo_betsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingo_betsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 4:55pm
Congratulations on your purchase!
I ordered my axle risers from Forest River and had my local Camping World install them.
Solved the problem of scraping my driveway every time I pulled out!
Enjoy!
Betsy
Happping Podding from Flamingo Betsy, Dixie Doodle, our agility star, Hisaw's Indigo Rose, the crazy Aussie puppy, & the two JRT's, Sophie & Bouncer.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by podsible dream podsible dream wrote:

We just purchased a RP-171 (is it 'a' or 'an' RPod?) in a private sale -

Oh yeah, I would say a R-pod, one would use an when preceeding a word begining with a vowel.
Would you like an apple or a banana.   However, I do not have a degree in english, so I may be wrong.
2011 176T
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 6:06pm
However, we often use "an" when speaking when the consonant on the noun has a sound that sounds like a vowel.  Like an are-pod... 

Me neither, I am a biologist by training.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 8:01pm
touche, now that I say it aloud I think you are correct.  My analytical mind was just seeing an R. 
my degree is in physics.
2011 176T
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic