r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Alaska Caravan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by don&elaine don&elaine wrote:

we have also talked of an alaska trip. we may also go? what are cans. rules on pets?

You will want to call your state office to double check but  I believe that all you need is a current rabies vaccination.   http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/ca_cn.pdf

Here is a list of the current state veterinaryoffices.

As countries sometimes change the regulations and have lawyers write them to make impossible to understand, I always contact the  state office in  my state to have them verify when I am needing to write a health certificate. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:22pm
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 12:23am
I was wondering, why plan so far in advance? I would really love to join, but 2-3 months at most in advance is all I can really do for planning. Money is not an issue, but timelines could change at a moments notice. Anyway, we could let you know closer to the event?

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 3:13am
I have decided to let someone else take the lead for this endeavor, and they are welcome to organize it as they please when they please.
bob & Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob & Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 9:54pm
I doubt we will really be able to caravan the whole trip, but think we might be able to spend 3 or 4 nights with the group.  Unfortunately two months off work won't be an option.  we are probably looking at 3 to 4 weeks away from home total.

We took our dogs to Vancouver Island a few years back.  I believe I just had to bring paperwork from the vet that the rabies vaccination was current.

We normally camp at the state parks in Washington.   There  are a few on the I-5 corridor.  We really haven't stayed at RV parks. 
r-Pod 171
2010 Toyota Tacoma
paulebbey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulebbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 10:11pm
Sure would love to do this but will have to live the trip through you. 
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 7:12am
Larry; I was really enjoying your post of your 2012 Alaska Adventure.
 It is well over 10000 miles round trip from Fl. to Fairbanks Alaska so  I am also planning to take in Yellowstone, Grand Teton; Glacier NP and Custer State Park on the way to Canada. Will be traveling with at least 1 other R-Pod maybe 2. If you could post your list of Camp Grounds again I would really appreciate it.
 I know it is very frustrating having to deal with the comments that some people post.
 A picture is worth a thousand words but a sentence can be interrupted a million ways.
 If anyone is looking for information on an Alaskan trip the " Milepost" and AAA have all the information needed for border crossing with pets and route planning and the internet is an unlimited source of information.
  Tom
Tom And Linda
Rpod 177                      Southwest florida

Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:37am
 "I am also planning to take in Yellowstone, Grand Teton; Glacier NP and Custer State Park"

I'm planning on getting a larger TV this fall/winter and want to head in that direction sometime next summer.  It's always nice to meet up with other R-pods.  I'll be watching the thread.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Lissie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 11:16am
When in 2012 are you planning the Alaska Trip. Where r you beginning from? How long will you plan on being gone?
Lissie
Owner of Polly-pod
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 1:14am

Here is a link to some info that will help many of you plan and individual Alaskan trip. I just, on second thought after starting this thread, did not want to get all stressed out trying to organize a caravan round-up like I did in 2010 and end up disappointed. So I decided to back away from organizing this. But here are some tools that might help those of you who wish to make such a trip.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/65.cfm

Here is a list of places where I stayed on my previous en-route camping trip to Alaska and back. All of these places have websites where you can check out fees, services, etc.

Burnaby Caribou RV Park, Vancouver, BC

Brookside Campsite, Cache Creek, BC

Bee Lazee RV Park, Prince George, BC

KSAN Campground, Hazelton, BC

Kinaskan Lake Park, Dease Lake, BC

Rancheria RV Park, Yukon Territory Canada

Burwash Landing, Yukon Territory Canada

Gateway Campground, Tok, Alaska

Anchorage RV Park, Alaska

Good Journey to all,

Larry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>