r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp ground review and recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KOA or Good Sams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 1:18pm
Another good option is Camp Club USA.   Like Passport America you join for a resaonable fee and then get to camp half price.  Passport will take any park so some of the park or so-so, but Camp Club parks have to have a good rating in the Woodall Camping directory to be allow on the list of parks. 
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 2:59pm
For those who plan on visiting Texas or Live in Texas, the state has a $60.00 year pass to all the state parks.   Days fees run 5-12 dollars depending, so less then 10 visits to the various parks will  pay for itself.  Camping runs 13-20 depending on what get maybe even less.  You can order the pass online or get a temp one that will get you through your trip. 

For those who are in Military Active or Retired can use the various FAMCAMPs.  I've stayed at several and they run 13-20 a night again depending what you get.

Of course check out the NATIONAL ACCESS Pass's, Depending on your needs they have different Passes.  My daughter has a Access Pass because she is has Down's Sydrome.  So all Federal Parks access is free, haven't camped yet.

Just passing on info.

Lee 

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
woodall bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodall bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 6:51am
Try campclubusa kind of like passport america but only excepts campgrounds
that are rated a 3W or higher in Woodall's. Passport has some campgrounds
that we went into and turned around and left.
dockguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 8:11pm
I have been looking at joining both the Good Sam's Club and KOA.  You can check out campground ratings throughout the U. S. and Canada by going to www.woodalls.com.  Woodall's rates campsites nationwide which will let you know where campgrounds are in certain states and provinces and how good they are by a 5-W rating system.

Hope that this helps,

dockguy/ 2005 Toyota Tundra w/ R-pod 171 on order
RCP
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 1:44am
We have Resorts of Distinction - Free to stay at any ROD park and we also have Coast to Coast - $10/night on any of their parks and military bases are less than $20/night. We prefer these places, for I can make a reservation 1-2 days out on a busy weekend and go cross country without planning my trip. I dislike parks that require 6 months to reserve on a busy weekend.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
dockguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 5:53pm
Thanks Kenn,

I will look up the ROD parks.  That sounds great !

Dockguy
RCP
okiecamper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okiecamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 10:08am
well, ive been camping at good sam's for years and i think they are worth the membership.
all the places ive parked have bveen very nice,clean,well kept.

i get a guide every year for maybe 12$ and its great.

I think KOA's are prices even with the discount.

but thats just my opinion.

Phil
there are storms in life, the secret is to learn how to dance in the rain

2010 172
2006 chevy siverado 1500
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 12:58pm
We stayed at Whaler's Inn in South Beach, OR for a week. I paid $12 for cable for the entire stay. There were 4 of us, we had full hook-ups, an indoor heated poool, a hot tub, 2 laundry facilities, a dog run, crab/fish clean stattions, mini-golf, frisbee golf, a path to the ocean, and an awesome super friendly staff. If you're going to camp a bunch, then memberships are awesome! 5 more days in any of the ROD parks before Mar '11 would pay for the dues. And beyond that is just a good thing.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:18pm
Thanks for the tip on the fairgrounds for camping but how would you know who to contact??
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:20pm
We are passport America members too & always use ours in Pigeon Forge for half the cost of other campsites, like 18.00 full hookup a night.
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic