r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

family of 5?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:19am
Originally posted by profmagickb profmagickb wrote:

I may be a little late, I've been "gone" for a while.......  
Oh my gosh! Well said!

We just went to an RV show over the weekend and I came back all starry eyed. We saw some really luxurious rigs. And the pod seemed cramped compared to the others. DH and I had a long talk afterward and came to the same conclusions you expressed. You're camping, not staying in the Hilton! And the pod is just too cool. Yes! We love having people turn their heads when we pull into the campground. And we get to meet so many people because they just can't resist coming over to talk to us about the pod.

Families have long had to deal with the possibilities of rain on a camping trip. You don't have to sit around the trailer. You go out and visit museums and gift shops. And the dome does make for a nice shelter area. A screen house could be erected for additional outdoor space.

And there are all those other nice features of the pod you mentioned - easy set up, easy storage, easy parking and a bathroom! Any old parking lot serves us as a rest stop. Wal-Mart is the best. He can take a nap while I go in shopping.

Thank you profmagickb for reminding us of why we got our pods in the first place.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 7:44pm
     Well Said!!Clap That is what camping is all about!!
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
woodrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 5:00pm

I would not have 5 in a r-pod when it rains it is horriable with people and sleeping is horriable . The is a Pup camper that is biger and can be pulled with a car sorry we didn;t see it before. I think the pup is by Forrest River also and designed much better.

woodrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 5:07pm
I would not want 5 in the r-pod 2 is enough when it rains it is not nice and sleeping won't work/
There is a much better one less weight and by forrest river PUP. I  wish i had seen it first.
r-pod  is 2 small ..
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 8:08pm
You're comparing a pop-up to a travel trailer.  That's not really a fair comparision.  A PUP, in itself, brings a bunch of issues/concerns to the table in of itself.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

woodrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:24pm
A pup is a r-pod only bigger i am not sure who manufactuers it but look it up it is not a pop up. it is a hhard shell travel trailer less in weight and laid out much better,
woodrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:27pm
it is a cherokee wolf pup by forest river
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:18am
The POD may be awesome, but 5 people is just not cool! Also, I've never had people call the POD awesome, but rather "cute." That's why we got a Toy Hauler -  no one in their right ind would call it cute. Just because you can fit a bunch of people in a POD, doesn't mean that it is the end all, be all TT. With that in mind, the best part of camping is not whether you have space or not, but rather the experience you gain with being with your family/friends.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
woodrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 6:45am
i cannot agree that the answer to 5 in the r-pod. Where will they put all the stiff 3 kids need and how can you go shopping with 3 kids on a rainey day? after shopping where do you store stuff?
I am not against having fun and what camping is because i love it but think about that r-pod and visulise 5 people in there.
profmagickb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 9:59am

These posts are all only my opinions.......

It's sometimes hard to decipher people's true meaning by reading words....confusion ensues

There are many campers...... This is an R-pod Forum, I have an R-pod, I paid a lot of money for it, I have a lot of good to say about it.

I think the R-pod is awesome, I also want a toy hauler, I am buying a 28' 1972 Silver Streak (similar to Airstream) on monday.  I am keeping my R-pod for a very long time.

No need to visualize 5 in a pod, here are some pics.....
In the above fuzzy pics, there are 5 adults, and two children, (I am taking the pics) we were in there for hours, later ordered pizza, it was not raining.........I find once you get rid of the table, you no longer have to shuffle around each otherk, and getting rid of the airmattress reaveals a lot more space too.

Below  is an illustration of the tent part with a chair, two could fit easily.
These are all very old pics, If I could stage this stuff it would be very apparrent.

Not trying to undermind or contradict anyone.  You all make valid points, The R-pod is small, that's why I bought it...I wanted something small, I often think it is too big and wish for something smaller, but that is me. 
I have good ideas....... sometimes
2011 176T
why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic R-pod ride
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic