r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

family of 5?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:49pm
Some the last post i did got entered by mistake. I don't think anyone is putting down the r-pod they are just voicing there opion. We like our r-pod but there are times when i wish it were bigger.
With the price of gas I don't think we will be taken it out much. 9 miles to the gallon when were pulling it.
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 4:53pm
I don't think anyone is taking offense.  Most of us think our Pod is extremely "cute" and have been told that many times.  That being said, I also have buyers remorse sometimes.  I think most of us do.  I even tell my husband that maybe we should have waited for the second generation RPod.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
woodrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:07pm

Iget buyers remorse when the r-pod just sits. We took it put this week for 4  days if i knew how to post photos I would.

Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:32pm
Okay, you get one thing with the r-pod that you can't get with any other trailer - this wonderful community of people! It was actually one of the considerations when we were looking at trailers.

Back to the original topic: We hauled our kids all over the place staying in a 6X12 tent. Sure, rainy days were sort of miserable. But we did it. I can't say where we put our "stuff". The kids took up the back seat and everything else had to go into the trunk with the tent, sleeping bags, air mattresses, etc. I can tell you there wasn't much room left over in a 1970 Mustang trunk. But we were younger then and we didn't worry about it much. By comparison, the pods are huge. Not only is there more floor space inside them, but there is "vertical space". Clothes can be stored under the bed, there are overhead cabinets, storage under the benches, etc.

I hope the OP will write in and let us know what they decided to do.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
profmagickb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:55pm
The 176T is listed on many websites as sleeping 5.... as it is intended to be set up (like the photos on the brochure) you get a queen and 3 singles (one single perpindicular to the queen air mattress, i.e. atop the dinette table)

I wonder if the OP is still reading, if not I'm sure the info/opinions will aid someone else.

I sometimes have buyers remorse about the house that I live in, the cars I own, the shoes I wear......and so on,  I think it's normal....

You gotta take the good with the bad to truly make an informed decision. This thread certainly reveals a lot of camping styles, and it is very interesting to hear why people bought what they bought and how they use it.

One big thing that tipped the scales for me was a lot of the "others" had a 5mo+ waiting list, and I had been looking for too long already.  I got mine from RVnation (1500 miles away from me) and it was less than a week from the day that I decided to buy it till it was delivered and in my yard! Awesome, Awesome, Awesome people.......
I have good ideas....... sometimes
2011 176T
why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic R-pod ride
woodrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 6:16pm
This is a very good thread I had so many responses. Know i know that a lot of r-poder's on line.
That is a good thing before this I didn't know how they felt about their r pod.
It won't be belong before you nortern 's will be out again i hope to see one of you on the road.
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 4:09pm
I'm sure it's just me, but I have a problem with message boards like this that are specific to a particular product, in this case an R-POD.  The reason I say that is because people must continue to come up with responses that defend the product (again, an R-POD in this case), no matter what the question is.  In their minds, they feel that they've gotten jipped or rip-off with any answer other than, "sure, the r-pod is fantastic for everything, all the time, no matter what).

Be honest with yourselves people.  Although the R-Pod is cute and fairly well built (does have quite a few flaws), it's not the end-all answer to everything.  On top of that, it's not a bad thing to say so when it applies as in this case.  Two adults, three kids and two dogs will never comfortably fit into any of the R-Pods that are currently on the market.  Sure, if you put the kids in tents, and lock the dogs in the truck, you many get by, however I'm not talking about that.

If the OP still has a question about this, do as I suggested in one of my other replies.  Take all 5-people and 2-dogs to the dealer, get into an R-Pod and close the door.  Stay in there for 15-minutes and come back to tell us about it.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

woodrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 5:42pm
That was the prefect answer to the op question loved it and had a much need hearty laugh. woodrow
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 6:36pm
Hey, I like my Pod a lot.  That said, I look at other makes and models all the time.  Since there are only two of us (plus a dog or two on occasion) we have a lot of choices.  The biggest constraint is budget.
The next biggest constraint is not being Canadian.  Yep!

Gimme an Alto by Safari Condo
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

profmagickb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by this_is_nascar this_is_nascar wrote:

Two adults, three kids and two dogs will never comfortably fit into any of the R-Pods that are currently on the market.

Never?........
Other things that will never be done.....
The Americans will never win a war against the Red Coats...
The Wright Brothers will never build a flying machine.....
Doors will never open automatically when you walk up to them.....
Humans will never send a man to the Moon......
Quantum Teleportation will never happen......

All of the above are things of the past.... and have happened.

Usually I have 3 adults, 2 kids and one dog sleeping in my pod.......

The original question was posed as would they be a little too ambitious, and they have to stay under 3500lbs, and they currently sleep in tents.  It just sounds all too similar to the situation I had in the beginning, and seriously considered a pop up.

I am very happy with my purchase.  The Pod is my first TT ever. I am but a child myself, however........My idea of camping is probably a lot different than others.

What is the end all TT? I would surely like to see it. One with no flaws?

I have good ideas....... sometimes
2011 176T
why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic R-pod ride
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic