r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod construction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 11:56am
When I say pissy, I'm talking about those who condem someone at the 1st sign of them speaking negatively about a product.  If this message forum is supposed to be only "hey, I love my R-Pod and never had an issue with it and it's the best thing since sliced bread", then lets call it that, so those newbies aren't confused and sure to know that they're only allowed to get positive reviews of the R-Pod.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Tom and Carol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom and Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 3:42pm
I have taken my pod from Florida to Mass and am enjoying the 177 a lot.  Yes it has some cheap parts, but I wasn't expecting a Winnebago.  I replaced the cheap tongue jack, which was binding up, with a smooth operating top crank model.  I also have a leak in the city water connector, external to the pod wall.  This cheap plastic fixture will be replaced with brass.  Other than that, I have enjoyed the weeks spent in the pod this summer.
Tom and Carol
R-Pod 177
2006 F-150
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 4:53pm
   The RPods are not perfect but for the most part good enough to happily go camping in and enjoy. Smile  David and Danette
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 5:48pm
Dear this-is-NASCAR,
There is world of difference between expressing a dissenting opinion about a product or concept and expressing contempt for that product or concept. Members of this forum, and the other one you and a number of us contribute to, are very obviously content with the product we all laid out some "major money" for. Many of us have said that we empathize with your position, and can commiserate with the fact that your experience with the R-Pod you purchased was a negative one. However, it would appear that, with apparently very few exceptions, your experience is extraordinary and untypical. It would probably sit better with all your fellow podders if you could find some other way of letting new and potential owners of this delightful little camping trailer that you had a lousy experience, and feel let down by the manufacturer. At the same time, you need to acknowledge that your 'lemon' was not the standard product and that people can have a joyful and fulfilling camping time in an R-Pod as built by Forest River.

Sermon over!,
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by podsible dream podsible dream wrote:

Dear this-is-NASCAR,
There is world of difference between expressing a dissenting opinion about a product or concept and expressing contempt for that product or concept. Members of this forum, and the other one you and a number of us contribute to, are very obviously content with the product we all laid out some "major money" for. Many of us have said that we empathize with your position, and can commiserate with the fact that your experience with the R-Pod you purchased was a negative one. However, it would appear that, with apparently very few exceptions, your experience is extraordinary and untypical. It would probably sit better with all your fellow podders if you could find some other way of letting new and potential owners of this delightful little camping trailer that you had a lousy experience, and feel let down by the manufacturer. At the same time, you need to acknowledge that your 'lemon' was not the standard product and that people can have a joyful and fulfilling camping time in an R-Pod as built by Forest River.

Sermon over!,

With all due respect, I'll continue to express my concerns of the build quality and overall quality of the Forest River R-Pod, when asked, based on my experience.  My ~$10k (or whatever it was) gives me the right to do so.  On a positive note, I will say the Forest River was on the ball with each and every warranty issue.  They balked a bit on the window replacements, but eventually did the right thing.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by David and Danette David and Danette wrote:

The RPods are not perfect but for the most part good enough to happily go camping in and enjoy. Smile  David and Danette

Thumbs Up
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 10:25pm
If you don't like the R-Pod, maybe you could get an S-Pod? It'll be one better...LOL Tongue

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
DJBobbbyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJBobbbyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 5:21pm
The beauty of the R-Pod is that everything is wood and not synthetic materials that do not bio degrade over time. 
Pulling an R-Pod 177 with a 2007 Toyota 4Runner.
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 11:47am
Just to add a bit of perspective to this thread, I just sold the 27' Zinger and moved back to anther r-Pod. A 182G Hood River. For the price, we love it. Part of the reason we love it is the community of owners who have helped us mod it to our specs. That is part of the joy of ownership.

YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
dondee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dondee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 2:21pm
Hello everyone, I am a new R-podder. We just bought a 177, 2012 model and have used it 2 times so far. We love it and also have ordered a new mattress for it. We were wondering if others have noticed a 'thump' and vibration when the compressor cycles on and off. I know this is normal to an extent, but not sure if it is knocking more than it should. Any info on this? Is there a problem or is this something we will learn to sleep through???
We are retiring this year and are looking forward to many trips to come. We are still trying to come up with a name for our pod.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic