r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod construction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 7:29pm
We bought our 2010 173 early in June.  The Coleman compressor is so quiet inside we don't notice when it cycles on and off. The fan is another story.  The trailer we traded in had a Dometic A/C and everything about it was noisy. 

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
dondee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dondee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 8:06pm
Thanks Bob, ours is a dometic a/c, maybe that explains the noise. It feels like someone stomps the top of the camper everytime it cycles off and on.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by dondee dondee wrote:

Thanks Bob, ours is a dometic a/c, maybe that explains the noise. It feels like someone stomps the top of the camper everytime it cycles off and on.

They thump when they cycle, no worries there!  We all learn to sleep through it eventually.  Leaving the fan on hi or low setting instead of auto helps with the sound a bit!
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 11:12pm
Travis, do you by chance have a Dometic A/C? We have only had one, and it was very noisy even when the compressor was not running.  All of our other RVs have had Colemans, and all were much quieter. 

Bob

2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 9:08am
We do have the dometic, and yes even the fan settings are loud. 
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 10:32am
Just curious, but am I the only one that thinks the Coleman A/C units are relatively quiet?  Unless I hear the thermostat click, I can't tell when the compressor kicks on or off.  However, I do wear a pair of hearing aids and often miss "noise" that others hear.

During our May trip out west, we had an Aerolite Zoom with a Dometic A/C.  It was so noisy that we had problems hearing the TV at night.  And, yes, we could hear the compressor kick on and off.  I thought the unit was just close to being worn out by the original owner.

I and not knocking Dometic products.  I recently purchased one of their newest inverters, the LW3000, which is an electric unit, and that thing purrs and has no problems starting and running our A/C.  And, I have never had any problems with Dometic appliances inside any RV we have owned, going back to 1979.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
Rick and Denise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick and Denise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 9:06pm
We bought a 2014 rpod 178 . we love it have had no problems at all . It works excellent for my wife and I and our two dogs Dixie a English bull dog and stinky a multipoo.  We did put a foam topper on the bed .

Indy Old Geezer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indy Old Geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 12:43pm
What you want in quality is an Airstream. If you have $35,000.00 more than the rpod price, go for it. Me, I have something better to do with that much money.
r pod 177
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Indy Old Geezer Indy Old Geezer wrote:

What you want in quality is an Airstream. If you have $35,000.00 more than the rpod price, go for it. Me, I have something better to do with that much money.

There is a lot of cache to the Airstream, that is for sure. But they use all the same components everybody else does. Their construction method is different, and, IMHO, flawed at it's core. There are better made, more durable, and cheaper campers.

Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic