r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - R-POD Recall for Canada - Insufficient Lighting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-POD Recall for Canada - Insufficient Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YYC_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 9:04pm
And some of us affected by the recall are still waiting for parts to get to the dealer.  Been waiting since May.  There's 4 pods at the storage lot I use.  I've noticed that only 1 has had the added lights.
RPOD 171
Go FLAMES GO!
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:46pm
FYI, formal Customer complaint to DOT/NHTSA was on 5/8/2010.     Don't ask me how I know that. :-)
Quite a bit actually did occur during those big gaps in time, mostly having to do with loopholes in law allowing artificial delays to be created in the process.    Am amazed how much is going on behind the scenes that isn't made transparent to the public.
Ned View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 7:52am
They only ship these when a new R-Pod is ordered. I had to wait some time before my light bar arrived. I guess this is to save shipping costs.
Ned
Rocket Pod RP-173
Miramichi, NB
2005 Ford Escape
Leaflin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaflin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

Originally posted by Ks.Kev Ks.Kev wrote:

Well........ now that the time came and went on making comments on the recall from all of us to NHTSA by 9/28/2011, anybody want to guess how long it will take the NHTSA to make their decision???
Is there a PRIZE...LOL..Well the recall for Canada was put in place 12/30/10...It took Forest Rivers Laywers almost NINE month to draft their Petitions for Decision of Inconsequential Noncompliance, FOUR days for it to process and then 30 days for us to comment..with such a short response time I'm going to take a stab at 30days...

March 20th 2012 is my guess (Vernal Equinox).
A board will meet sometime in November where there will be a 'proposed rule'.
Nothing in December.
A final rule will be made in January or February.
Completed Action in March.
Leaf-Pod 173
97 Ford Explorer
http://www.leaflin.net
mcbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 8:41pm
We bought our 2011 Pod at the end of 2010 at a good price because of the change in colour.  We didn't take delivery of the unit until April 1st and tried to get the work done before we picked it up.  We were told by Campkins that they could not do the work because they had yet to receive any information or part from Forest River.  We were also told that we would be notified by the MTO (Ministry of Transprotation Ontario) of the recall one the vehicle was plated (which happened in April).

I am now realizing, after putting the trailer away for the winter, that I have heard nothing about the recall on our Pod.  Somehow, somewhere, someone has dropped the ball when it comes to our unit.  Not sure I want to be taking it down to the dealers now, with our luck we'll get snow and I'll have a heck of a time trying to get it back into storage.

It is a good thing we love our trailer and have had lots of adventures with her.

ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 9:36pm
I just purchased a 2012 rp 177 today The sales person mentioned the recall and had already put the required lighting on mine. But yes if you haven't got a recall notice go to your nearest r pod sales rep and see about it.   Can hardly wait for next summer
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
EastCoastMaritimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastCoastMaritimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 8:14pm
Hello Everyone!! Has there been any pictures posted of an R-POD with the added lights? I want to make sure that my 2011 R-POD has the required lighting mentioned in this recall. I am in Canada and purchased my demo R-Pod in the fall. Thanks everyone. I really cannot wait to try my trailer out for the first time in the Spring.

tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 8:33pm
If you have three lights in the rear top of the trailer (think the back of a semi) along with lights over the wheels, you will have the new 2011 model.  I was looking for photos of ¡Podtástic! and only have pictures of the front and the side, but none of the back.
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 9:52pm
This is what the spoiler looks like.

This is what I put on.

If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
EastCoastMaritimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastCoastMaritimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 8:53pm
Thanks for the details. We are good to go! Glad to see that our Dealer or Forest River installed these lights before I received my trailer. The only thing left for me is to pick up my R-DOME which was not availalable when I picked up my trailer. I also am considering the awning that some of the owners have been buying aftermarket as a preferred option to the R-DOME.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic