r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - R-POD Recall for Canada - Insufficient Lighting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-POD Recall for Canada - Insufficient Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by MamaBear MamaBear wrote:

OMG :Dead     They Have to take my baby's head off to fix this ? My dealership can't seem to diagnose even simple problems !  Is anyone else as terrified by this prospect as I am ?

Ya I know the feeling
My dealer cant even do a simple repair on my pod without screwing something up 
I cringe at the thought of them doing some type of major repair 

What to do?
2010 171
Ford f-150 5.4L
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 7:49am
Hope no dealers comit podicide on anyone's pod. Glad our's has the lights from the factory.
Ready to pod around.
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 8:44am
  It would be good if those living near the factory could bring their trailer to the factory to have the work done. But since the recall is only for Canada at this time, Indiana would be a far distance.  David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
GoTak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 4:47pm
I talked with Susan and found a dealder close to me. They will do this recall work for me.
2010 r-pod172
Ned View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 8:40pm
Received an e-mail from my dealer today saying that they had been in contact with R-Pods service and warranty Dept regarding the recall and they will be notified when the mod kitd are ready to be shipped and thatbnthey would contact me at that time.
Ned
Rocket Pod RP-173
Miramichi, NB
2005 Ford Escape
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:00pm
I am scared now.   Craig is plotting how to put a three bar light on the back of the pod.  He was going to do it last year for safety as he said it should have one  (He works on semi trucks for a living) but time and other things got in the way.   Now he is in the designing stage and I am really worried that he is about to drill a hole all the way through the Pod.   God help us all!!!
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:42pm
For folks in the U.S. I wouldn't recommend trying to do the bar modication yourself as doing so could void your warranty, and potentially exclude you from a U.S. recall.    Still waiting for final determination from NHTSA but since they are taking so long I assume that means that a U.S. recall is very likely.
rpodmania View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 11:41pm
So with the Transport Canada recall in place where does that leave the R-Pod owner as far as being able to pull our pods on the road?
Do we have to wait till the retrofit is done?
Is it now illegal to tow the Pod?
What going to happen if your insurance company gets wind of the problem?
The way Forest River moves on things it could take many months for the retrofit to be ready and for dealers to get the required partsUnhappy
2010 171
Ford f-150 5.4L
Jinhe&Me View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jinhe&Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 12:47am
My pod went into the dealer on Thursday for the retrofit.  It is still there and will be through the weekend so I don't know what the current status is.  Mind you, I told them there was no rush on getting it back to me until someone dewinterizes Alberta.  Took me 2 days to extract it from a snowbank so I could get it to the dealer.  I figured that when we do get some warmer weather, it is going to get really busy at the dealers so I wanted it in and looked after now before the rush.  Will keep you posted as to the outcome. 
Kathy
R-Pod 176
2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 1:31am
I would think it is still ok to tow and enjoy the pod. I don't think you would have to park it while waiting on the recall or there would probably be some form of notice to owners. There are a lot of cars with recalls out there that aren't done right away and they are still driven and insured. Forest River knows of the problem and now they need to bring the product into compliance, so the urgency would be on their end. If you tow in daylight, the pod is pretty visible, however, I have followed our at night and it's very dark- so keep some extra distance. These are just my ideas on the subject.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic