r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - R-POD Recall for Canada - Insufficient Lighting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-POD Recall for Canada - Insufficient Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-POD Recall for Canada - Insufficient Lighting
    Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 1:54pm
For those who might be a bit up north and missed it.  (I Appologize if this is posted someplace on the forum that I had missed)  I am waiting to see if there will be a US recall for same issue as CMVSS108/FMVSS is same safety standard followed by US and Canada on vehicle lighting and illumination.

Recall in December 12/30/2010  for 2009/2010/2011 R-Pod's due to not having sufficient clearance lighting for width of trailer:

Certain travel trailers fail to comply with the requirements of Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS 108) - Lighting System and Retroreflective Devices. Specifically, these trailers were not equipped with the required clearance lights (that can be seen from the front and rear) indicating the design width of the unit, as well as the marker lights (that can only be seen from the rear) indicating the vehicle height. This could render the vehicle less visible to other motorist during hours of darkness, possibly resulting in a crash causing property damage and/or personal injury. Correction: Dealers will install clearance lights on the fenders, and a spoiler on the rear to house the marker lights.
Make Model Model Year(s) Affected
FOREST RIVER R-POD 2009 2010 2011
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 2:32pm
I suspect the US recall will eventually happen, especially since FR is now manufacturing the newer 2011 Rpod models with those lights (my early 2011 model does not have the lights).

Thanks for the update, gmandual.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
YYC_Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YYC_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 7:02pm
Wow - this is the first I've heard of this.  Guess I'll be giving the dealer a call.  Anybody else "up north" heard of this?
RPOD 171
Go FLAMES GO!
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:50pm
No, but my dealer will be in the morning. Thank you very much for the info
Ready to pod around.
Jinhe&Me View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jinhe&Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:18pm
Haven't heard a thing but will be following up with my dealer tomorrow.  Thanks for posting!

Kathy
R-Pod 176
2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 6:48am
I wonder if the rpod cover will still fit after they retrofit the trailer with the 3-lamp ID bar in the back. The covers already fit pretty tight.

For those of you in Canada, if/when you get the recall notice I'd be curious to know where they say you can take your rpod for the recall (selling dealer, any rpod dealer, any FR dealer, any RV dealer, Camping World, etc.)

Thanks,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 10:33am
I remember this thread from last year about the clearance lights. Someone in the US couldn't get plates until they added them.

My ancient 2009 rPod doesn't have clearance lights either.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 1:19pm
Seen my dealer today. They knew nothing about the recall. When we left they were contacting forest river about it.
Ready to pod around.
GoTak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 2:45pm
Can I still use my 2010 r-pod in Canada? My dealer is no longer in business I need to find another dealer. If I have an accident, does my insurance cover?
2010 r-pod172
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 3:31pm
Probably best to contact forest river for their nearest dealer to you. And maybe check with your insurance. If you were transporting it to be brought up to code and not camping, I think they would insure. But check first!
Ready to pod around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic