r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp ground review and recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rpod dome discriminated against

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabuol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod dome discriminated against
    Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 10:29am

Never thought this possible!

If you are Texas bound, more precisely in Arlington TX, and you wish to put-up your rpod dome awning while camping DON'T camp at TREETOP CAREFREE RV RESORT (1901 West Arbrook).

Why ???? you will not be allowed to put-up your awing.....apparently it's against the rules....the rpod dome according to management is classified as a tent!!!

Since I'm not one who stirs the molases....I complied....but at 38$ @ night......

The campground is superb and nothing wrong with the management....just thought I'd let you rpodders know about this policy.

Have a great one

Lou
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 10:48am
There are campgrounds that don't allow tents so this could happen at other places.

The rdome really is more of a tent than an awning when the side panels are used.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by rabuol rabuol wrote:

Never thought this possible!

If you are Texas bound, more precisely in Arlington TX, and you wish to put-up your rpod dome awning while camping DON'T camp at TREETOP CAREFREE RV RESORT (1901 West Arbrook).

Why ???? you will not be allowed to put-up your awing.....apparently it's against the rules....the rpod dome according to management is classified as a tent!!!

Since I'm not one who stirs the molases....I complied....but at 38$ @ night......

The campground is superb and nothing wrong with the management....just thought I'd let you rpodders know about this policy.

Have a great one

Lou

When some of us were at the KOA in Leander, the Manager saw our domes and almost had a heartattack because we had stakes in the ground. But they were already up, so there was not much she could do. I have stayed at a KOA in NM and they did not care. Go figure! Mostly I stay at State Parks, all tents welcome!

Hope your trip to Texas was not dampered because of that experience. 
I see you are a long way from home, Have fun and be safe!

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 3:34pm
Could you use it with the sides off?
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 6:52pm
The KOA we stayed at in Chattanooga weren't too fond of stakes either. Seems people have an uncanny knack of hitting water and sewer lines along with an occasional power line.Shocked
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 7:51am
As others have already said, the R-Dome looks way more like a tent than it does an awning.  It is good to know so others won't be surprised.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 10:33am
I would hope that all campgrounds have the water/sewer/electric lines buried deeper than a six inch tent stake will hit. 
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 11:07am
Originally posted by tabkld93 tabkld93 wrote:

I would hope that all campgrounds have the water/sewer/electric lines buried deeper than a six inch tent stake will hit. 

My brother and sister-in-law worked at the Carlsbad KOA in NM and that is what he said, when I told him about our experience in Leander. 

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:29am
Not all tent stakes are created equal. The ones I use for our "easy up" are metal, sharp pointed and a lot longer than 6 inches.

Originally posted by tabkld93 tabkld93 wrote:

2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
ozzieozwall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozzieozwall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 11:24am
IMHO the R Dome is not a tent as it is attached to the trailer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic