r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insuring the Pod?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insuring the Pod?!?!?!
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:11am
Aloha Podders!!

Been away a while but am returning now that the Moose Pod is hopefully finally coming home with us.

I realize this is a huge forum faux pas, but the search tool has defeated me this morning as I was looking for posts concerning peoples choice of insurance on their pod babies?

I recall many people using the Good Sam company I think to insure?  I'm also checking with my local car agent today for his input.  Any stories or info anyone has is appreciated.

In hindsight it seems its good that we waited until this spring to purchase, as the DW has changed her mind on floorplans.  The 181g reeled her in hook, line and sinker.  Perfect for the two of us and the DD's.
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:24am
I was just thinking about you the other day! I am so glad you're getting your pod and really hope you'll be able to join us at the roundup.

As to the insurance question: We just got a rider on our automobile insurance policy that covers our pod. We also have AAA RV which is nice for roadside assistance.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:27am
We have Geico for our car insurance, and they have specific RV insurance that can be added rather affordably (at least it seemed so to me).  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 12:00pm
Added the pod onto our American Family auto/home policy.

For roadside assistance, AAA RV Plus. It covers tow vehicle and pod. Had to use it last summer on our way to Yellowstone. Ran out of gas out in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming (gas stations few and far between). Called AAA and we had gas in our tank and were back on the road in less than 1 hour.

-- Steve

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
birder1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 12:45pm

We have GEICO.  They seem to write lots of RV policies and the price was reasonable.

R-Pod 177
6 cyl. 4Runner
pmjensen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 1:37pm
I am using Progressive-I will be adding roadside coverage this year
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2011 Frontier SV
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 5:17pm
We have state farm. but I think wherever you have your auto ins will discount the pod ins or maybe both!!!
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
headcold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 5:25pm
Hey, Steve, I had AAA Plus, but they said that I had to upgrade to AAA Premiere to get the trailer road coverage.  I went ahead and did that.  I wonder if the agent blinkered me.

Otherwise, the trailer is under my Safeco policy.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by headcold headcold wrote:

Hey, Steve, I had AAA Plus, but they said that I had to upgrade to AAA Premiere to get the trailer road coverage.  I went ahead and did that.  I wonder if the agent blinkered me.

You should see what Safeco offers.  For us, Geico will provide roadside service for the trailer at around $15/year.

Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by headcold headcold wrote:

Otherwise, the trailer is under my Safeco policy.
I've been a AAA member for 27 years and I've never heard of AAA Premiere. I only know about Basic, Plus, and RV Plus. I have RV Plus. Check it out here:

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic