r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picking up our 172 tomorrow!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picking up our 172 tomorrow!
    Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 1:34pm
We bought it last week, but didn't have the tow vehicle with us. So we'll be going tomorrow to actually drive it home...woo hoo!!

We got the 172 for the bunks since we're a family of 4, with 2 kids ages 5 and 8. We're in the Foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mtn. in California. Seems most of you are in the Midwest. Is anyone else from our area?

I just joined the forum. This is my first post. So I'll introduce myself. We've been long time tent campers, very happy to have been. This year though, we both just felt a little too creaky and decided it was time to move up to a trailer. We're brand new trailer/camper users and are feeling a bit anxious about all the "systems" we need to keep running properly. I'm sure we'll get lots of good info from this forum.

We live in a small house and have not had much room for overnight guests, so we're excited to add the Rpod to our property to use it as a guest bedroom in addition to using it as our little traveling home!
Charlene and Bren
traveling with 2 young kids
2009 Rpod 172
2006 Toyota Tundra V8 4WD Dbl Cab
JJ2SPIRIT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 2:56pm
Smile  welcome.... you're right ,lotsa helpful info here.
joanne
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 5:27pm
Welcome!!!!  You'll love the comfort on a TT.  We started our as tenter's, upgraded to a pop-up, and now Rbug.  It'll be great for the kids.  The nice thing about a small TT, is that it forces you to be outdoors which is what camping is all about.  For us it's just a hotel room on wheels, and not a house on wheels.  Enjoy!!Thumbs Up
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Blackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 8:43pm
Charlene,

Where are you located.  I am in Lincoln, CA just north of Roseville.  Where did you buy your rpod from?  I am getting mine out of Ohio and pick it up in a few weeks.  172 Getting anxious for sure.  Maybe we can get together with the rpods and do some camping. 

Just me, my wife and my dog.  Kids in college.

Rick
Rick

The Blackdog
2001 Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 3.4 V6
172 on ORDER (PICK UP JULY 24)
Lincoln, CA
charlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 9:01pm
We're neighbors...I'm right up the road from you in Rough and Ready, tiny town right between Grass Valley and Penn Valley (plenty of locals aren't even familiar with it, don't know if you are.) We bought it from a dealer in Roseville, whose name I can't remember at the moment. We overpaid for it, but we were overly eager and had the money so we bought the last one they had, which was the 172, the model we wanted, anyway! We have our appointment tomorrow afternoon to pick up the Rpod and go through a long "tutorial" about it...we're very excited!

We're music festival goers. Planning to attend several more through the summer/fall. It will be nice to attend them in the Rpod! How about you? Do you do much local camping/festivals, etc?

I guess you made it through the heat today?!?! It was up around 105 here and I heard over 110 in the valley....uugghhh.
Charlene and Bren
traveling with 2 young kids
2009 Rpod 172
2006 Toyota Tundra V8 4WD Dbl Cab
wildbill1947 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:39am

Pickin mine up wed.july 1st. Smile  A 174 ,cant wait.getting it fron Couch's in OHIO.A little drive from here in middle south Tenn. (360mi.).But saved a bit.And it will start my vacation.Kansas City first then Fort Railey,visit son in-law(in the army 6 yrs.) done 3 tours over the pond so far(crazy kid)and daughter and 2 grand kids.from there a little trip out west,maybe grand caynon,hover damn. I'll play it by ear,and let the grand kids decide,any ideas out there,this is our frist rodeo.LOL  LOL    Bill Clap

Happy days ahead !
wildbill1947 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:41am
SORRY**** I need to change size of print.   Bill       Cry
Happy days ahead !
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 4:21pm
wildbill1947 contratulations!!!!  Have a safe and fun trip.  Post our pic's and let us know how it went.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Blackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 5:33pm
Rough and Ready.  Ive been there.  About 1.5 hours from here I think. 

Was it Pan Pacific RV in Rocklin or someone else in Roseville?  I saw the 172 at  the Rocklin dealership and was tempted, but I wanted the lift and white cabinets so I ordered mine from Couches in Ohio. 

I play a little guitar and would love to check out the music festivals around.  I don't play well, just learning really.  What time and where are you picking up your trailer.  I could come check it out and meet  you, I have some time tomorrow just a little project in the morning to do first.  Let me know.  maybe you could PM me with your number and I could call you.  We usually go down and camp in Santa Cruz when I had another trailer (JUNK ONE) compare to the rpod.  This is my first real travel trailer with everthing cool in it.

Great to have someone close to meet and camp with.
Rick

The Blackdog
2001 Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 3.4 V6
172 on ORDER (PICK UP JULY 24)
Lincoln, CA
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:05pm
My first camping was done with a sleeping bag only.  Then a tent, pop up, 38' motorhome and now the R-Pod.  Am I heading back down the list?Confused  At 62 with lots of arthritis I am not about to go sleeping on the ground again!LOL

Terry 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic