r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone tow with a 2011 Durango, or 2011 Explorer?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone tow with a 2011 Durango, or 2011 Explorer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 7:52am
Thanks for all your input guys!

We ended up with a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder with the 4.0- V6, and 6,000 tow capacity. It does an excellent job towing or MPG.

Bet regards,.....marc
Best Regards,.....Marc & Joan
And....Tucker (our yellow lab)
2011 Heartland MPG-181
2011 Nissan Pathfinder
USMC 69-73
God Bless all our Men & Women in Uniform
philstat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philstat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm

We tow a 177 with a Dodge Grand Caravan. It has the same engine as the v6 Durango. The Caravan, beacause of the front wheel drive has a tow capacity of 3600lb. The same engine in the rear drive Durango is 6200lb. Big Difference. Great engine in the dodge, they call it the Pentastar. Don't know as I would say it would do well with a full 6200lbs, but we get 13mpg towing the Pod w/ the Caravan. Darn good I would say. I wouldn'd suggest holding out for the 8 speed tranny in the Dodge, as you won't be spending any time in 8th gear while towing! I lock out the 6speed in the Dodge down to 5th gear or lower. No way can you tow in any more than that; you will kill the tranny for sure.

Hope this helps from real world experience with the Dodge engine.

Phil

Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 12:53pm
Chrysler has announced the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee will offer an optional 3.0L V-6 turbo-diesel, which will be build by Italy's V.M. Motori. In addition, the Dodge Durango SUV, and the successor to Dodge Dakota pickup (which went out of production in August 2011), is also likely to get a diesel option. Source, May 2012 Trailer Life magazine.
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

Thats really great info....I had really put V6's off my list of choices.  Back to the list making.

LeeClap
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic