r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

181g shaped Easter Egg in drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 181g shaped Easter Egg in drive
    Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:58am
Happy Easter Podders,

The Easter Bunny was really good to me and Carrie this year.  We woke up this morning and found a giant semi-egg shaped POD in our driveway!!

The year or so of lurking and getting to know all of you has been amazing, and now Carrie and I are very  happy to get to post in this specific forum area now. 

We brought the Moose Pod home yesterday afternoon in torrential downpours which Kentucky has suffered for a week or so now on and off.  Luckily we are up on a mountaintop so the flash floods hitting our area will not wash us away.  But with storms and more flooding expected most of the week I can't get any time to play in the Pod or time for any pretty pics of it.  We only have two weeks until Derby and our first trip for the year so I hope the rain lets up long enough to let us get to packing and planning the things we need.

For some that don't know, Derby weekend is rather hectic here in the city.  Carrie I and especially as we live very close to Churchill downs always find it better to get ouf of the city for a few days then.  So off to camping we will go!

Funny story is it did take me a good 30 minutes standing in the downpour to get the Pod unhitched from the Jeep and set up in the driveway.  I couldn't get the sway bars on the E2 removed from the hitch recepticle.  I guess I figured it out because they both popped out eventually.  Much to the amusement of my wife as she stood by under an umbrella laughing at how drenched I was. 

Many of you know that we almost bought a 177 last year, I must say I'm very happy about having waiting until this Spring, as the 181g is just too cool.  We're very happy with her, it is a perfect setup for a couple that camps alone.  The bed of course is hard as a rock but it's amazingly spacious, both of us plus the doggies were lounging around listening to the rain and had plenty of room.  The garage area is useful with the included grill and sink, having access to the radio from back there is also very nice.  I think I could have sold Carrie on the fact that there are blue lights in garage, and when she opened the fridge and it had a blue light in it, nothing could have stopped her!  Who isn't a sucker for some pretty blue lights right?  LOL

There will of course be personal touches to make, small comfort mods, but so many things that you early pioneers of podding have modded on your own pods are becoming standard on today's production models.  So cheers to all of you that made these mods first and are helping give new buyers such as ourselves a running start to our podding dreams!  THANKS!!   Star

My own personal opinion is that it tows like a dream, I don't even know it's back there until we get home and have to climb our big hill and can only go 20mph doing it.  Thankfully not many of those kind of hills around where we camp!  I really must recommend highly the E2 WDH/Sway control also.  I've towed it two weekends in a row now on busy interstates during heavy thunderstorms, large semit's passing often and at absurd spees as usual.  And I felt comfy and in control, I'm a bit sad to limit myself to staying in the slow lane from now on as usually I have a bad lead foot and want to pass everyone.  But crusing along slowly does seem a nice pace and a gas saver.

I won't rattle too much more, it's just hard to not be insanely excited right now, as I'm sure you all know you just want to play in it!!!  But to head off a potential question that I'm sure I will see if I don't, Carrie is still trying to get off work for the Horse Park roundup.  As of now we'd just be able to make it in later Friday evening and have to leave on Sunday.  We'll see how it goes.

Pretty boring photos below but the rain stopped for a bit and I had to take advantage!  Need to shrink my photos a bit more next time I think!  I'll stay on top of that in the future.

The Moose Pods final home, I love how the walkway lines up right with the Pod door, out of one home and into the other.

From the side, Carrie loves the slideout after blue lights it is her favorite thing I think.

Out in the drive with the Jeep!
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 11:18am
Congrats on your purchase!     
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 11:53am
Congrats on the new 181! You will love that garage area with the sink, radio, AND the TV - it just makes grilling a whole new experience. We have the 182G, but it was the 181G we saw at an RV show that hooked us into the R-Pods. Can't wait to get ours out and go camping, also. Right now it's parked in the barn, and we go out and play in it all the time! Happy travels!
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 1:58pm
Nice camper, I get so jealous of the new graphics! I am just not a big fan of my Olympic Rings looking decals! Enjoy.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 2:34pm
Hey Travis and Carrie!!!  I am so happy for you and your new Pod.  I do really like the graphics.  It's ok to just go sit inside and think about the trips you are going to take. One idea that you may have not come across yet is the idea of getting a binder and putting all your manuals from the Pod in it.  Sure has saved us some time when we were trying to figure out things in the Pod.
Btw, go ahead and get your reservations.  There were people who came to the 2010 Rally on Friday evening and left on Sunday. You don't have very far to travel.  Trust me, when you pull in there will be plenty of friendly folks to help you get the Pod backed into your site. Big smile
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
MissPolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissPolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 7:06pm
Happy Easter, that is the best Egg I have ever seen. It even beats the Golden Eggs I searched for as a child. Happy travels!
Polly
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 7:17pm
Congratulations.  Very nice egg!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 8:37pm
Egad! Poor chicken!
Grats
Ready to pod around.
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 8:50pm
Welcome to the Nation! Congrats on your Beautiful egg! You are going to love cracking (breaking) it in!  LOL  Loads of fun is in your egg!

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 8:09am
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

Hey Travis and Carrie!!!  I am so happy for you and your new Pod.  I do really like the graphics.  It's ok to just go sit inside and think about the trips you are going to take. One idea that you may have not come across yet is the idea of getting a binder and putting all your manuals from the Pod in it.  Sure has saved us some time when we were trying to figure out things in the Pod.
Btw, go ahead and get your reservations.  There were people who came to the 2010 Rally on Friday evening and left on Sunday. You don't have very far to travel.  Trust me, when you pull in there will be plenty of friendly folks to help you get the Pod backed into your site. Big smile

Carrie loved the idea of the binder with all the stuff in it, she sends her thanks.

And yes we don't have to travel far to the Roundup so as long as she gets the OK today that she doesn't have to take the Mammo Van out on Saturday I'm sure we'll be reserving this week.

Thank you everyone else for the well wishes and grats, it's funny the human-like qualities we're already associating with the Pod.  Carrie has been upset for 3 days now because she's getting rained on, and I thought she looked lonely in the driveway.  I think we need Pod-therapy in the way of 5 days at the lake!!

Thanks again to you all!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic