r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Pump Trouoble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shagnaski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Pump Trouoble
    Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 3:13pm
Can not get water pump to operate. R.pod 177.

Please I need help, where do I begin.Cry
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 5:29pm
Did you check your breakers? Also check your GFR isn't tripped.
Ready to pod around.
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 5:39pm
If that checks out, undo the panel in front of the water pump and check that no wires have come loose. Follow the power from the converter to the the pump. Is it hot at the inverter, then is is hot at the pump? I use a 12v test light to check the path. Also check the switch, it lights up but did the spade lug come off, is the circuit going back to the pump? It shouldn't be too hard to track down.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
Shagnaski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shagnaski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 9:05pm
Thannks for your response. I should have explained that after attaching outside hose there is not water in the system when the faucet is turned on. With the reserve take full there is no pump to pressureize the flow to the faucet. Light on pump monitor on the wall will continue to light. thanks for any help!
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:00pm
I wonder if the system is isolated for winterizing. Did you check under the bed and see the position of the valves to make sure water can even reach the pump? Also, you could try taking a bucket of water into the pod, go under the sink and put the valve to winterize, then stick the short hose into the bucket, turn on the pump switch and open the sink. This should at least help further drive down to the problem.
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:03pm
Also, does any fixture work? Toilet or tub? I have seen a lot of junk in the kitchen faucet. Also, we had a bad water pressure regulator (one from Wal-mart) last year we hooked up outside the pod and it would't let any water into the camper.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 7:10am
Originally posted by kmcmurph kmcmurph wrote:

Also, does any fixture work? Toilet or tub? I have seen a lot of junk in the kitchen faucet. Also, we had a bad water pressure regulator (one from Wal-mart) last year we hooked up outside the pod and it would't let any water into the camper.

We also had a bad water pressure regulator from Wal-mart.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Ratdog Ratdog wrote:

-- Steve

That one took us awhile to figure out when we we troubleshooting. Not exactly the first thing you would zero in on! Not a part I would expect to cause problems.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 8:05am

Originally posted by Ratdog Ratdog wrote:

-- Steve

That one took us awhile to figure out when we we troubleshooting. Not exactly the first thing you would zero in on! Not a part I would expect to cause problems.

Ours was easy to figure out . . . we had good water flow, I put the regular on the hose, and we had no water.

But the crazy thing was that if we put the regulator at the supply end of the hose, we had no water flow. But if I moved the regulator to the other end of the hose at R-pod hose connection, we got water flow. I figured there was excessive pressure at the supply that was reduced after the water traveled through the hose and that the regulator was doing its job properly. However, the same thing happened at every campground and also when connected to our home water supply. I bought a new regulator and everything has worked fine.

-- Steve

Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 12:43pm
Shagnaski - Did you resolve your problem?

I just went out to dewinterize my 177 this morning and I ran into the same problem I think you're having <LOL>. Pump runs but doesn't pump water. Everything works fine if I'm hooked up with a hose to my hose water supply.

What I discovered is that the backflow prevention valve inside the city water connection on the trailer was stuck in the open position. So if you're still having a problem, check into that. Pull off the little strainer inside the city water connection and you'll see a small white "button". Push on it a couple of times to make sure it operates freely. When you push it in, it should come right back when you let go.

So now I have lots of free flowing water, however . . . now I'm getting a "pulsing" of the pump. Don't know what that's all about. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Note: I still have the water heater on winter bypass. Could that be the problem?

Thanks,
-- Steve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic