r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$20,000 camper. Fifty cent valves.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekrainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $20,000 camper. Fifty cent valves.
    Posted: 01 May 2011 at 4:29pm
2011 r pod getting it ready for summer and one of the bypass valves is leaking. Looks like it had been repaired as there was a clump of silicon on it in a area where there should be none. I retrofitted the bed for easier access to the valves. The people making the campers really need to brush up on their woodworking skills. The piping is pex but the fittings they use are not standard. So back to the dealer. We are lucky to have caught the leak on opening. No there was no water in the camper as we blew out all the hoses at 20 psi then put in antifreeze. Love the camper but I am disappointed today that's for sure.
Third camper in ten years. 177 is the best we have had. Chevy crew cab truck to pull it with
Derekrainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekrainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:03pm
I replaced the plumbing on the water heater by-pass assembly with Pex pipe.I installed ball valves and metal fittings. Total cost about $30.00. Well worth it in the long run as the cheap plastic is gone.
Third camper in ten years. 177 is the best we have had. Chevy crew cab truck to pull it with
pmjensen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:12am
Welcome to the forum.  I am sure you and your Pod will have great times.

Happy Podding
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2011 Frontier SV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic