r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod Air Conditioner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-pod Air Conditioner
    Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 8:05am

From time/time the manufacturer will replace an appliance or part in their camper. In the case of the r-pod Forest River upgrade the door assembly sometime in May.

The latest 'batch' of r-pods, produced in late June not have a thermostat controlled AC unit as a direct result of the posts FR has seen here at rpodnation.com!

Here are photos of the new AC units and wall thermostats on the 2010 r-pods produced in June.

geneowens View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geneowens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 8:22am
Wish I could get that one on my 09!!!!   My 09, 11K AC does run and cool down well on one Honda EU 2000 - that should be a nice plus on my trip over the next couple of weeks!!
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 12:22pm
My 175 is a 2010 model according to the title and it doesn't have that type of control.

Terry
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 3:16pm
   Terry if I am reading this right it only applies to R-pods built during the month of June and beyond. Yours was most likely built before June.      David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 3:39pm
When we ordered ours we knew improvements (and bugs worked out) were going to be made in the future units.  It is something that anyone should expect regardless of what you buy.  We got a great deal on ours because we bought the first models.  I would do it all over again.  I'll live with what we got until it's time to replace.  Improvements are always good.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 5:32pm
Mine was made in May.  But.......that is just fine!Smile

Terry
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 5:14pm
Is was this last late June production run that had the new AC units... glad to see Forest River make the improvement, but the prev AC was fine too, just not thermostat controlled.
JJ2SPIRIT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 7:55am
IS IT FEASIBLE TO GET THERMOSTAT UPDATED ON MY 151 OR BETTER TO MODIFY LIKE IN THE MISC TIPS FORUM ON A/C.  ?Ying Yang
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 8:12am
the modification works great and anyone w/ any electrical background can do it quickly.. best bet for you...
JJ2SPIRIT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 8:24am
OK , THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic