r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

172 we love you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RpodMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:18am

I would not reccomend adding windows to any r-pod.  There reasons why the window is absent from the front of all r-pods.  #1,  A flat window cannot be placed in a curved hole.  A special window would have to be made that fits the contour and shape of the front of the pod.  #2.   The window would have a higher chance of failure because water will collect along the top edge of the window and create issues down the road.  This is why you do not see windows on the fronts towables like you used to.  Again, I would not reccomend putting ANY holes in your r-pod.

Phil H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 3:37pm
Is it possible to put a window in the front? The wall is curved there.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 7:43am

If you add the window up front you will void your warrenty on the camper... the reason it is not there is that while towing the 'air' pressure will work the window to the point that eventually it will leak ...

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 3:49pm
They could solve this problem by adding a window on the door.  Maybe that is something you could add.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 4:17pm
Interesting points.  The rear is curved, too, so I was thinking of using that model for the front too.  Also, I see many TT's with front windows (with covers to protect against stones on the road), so someone must have figured that out?
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic