r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More storage? ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmy4700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More storage? ideas?
    Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 3:13pm
I'm looking for more storage that wont clutter up the inside of the camper.  Maybe something like another shelf or something, idk.  we have a 174 with slide.  Theres just not much room for clothes and sheets and pillows... Ideas, solutions????  anything???
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 4:56pm
I did put up a hanging sweater cloth rack on a tension pole across the bed  on our 175.  It fell when I put too much weight on it so I put the one end over the slide out ledge.  It worked well for me to put my clothes in this weekend and didn't interfer with my sleeping.  I also added some stick on hooks on the walls to hang sweater/raincoat and one for a small basket in the kitchen area.  I may add a rack in the shower to hold the soap/shampoo if it will stick.  Over the door hook on the bathroom door to hold wet towels althought it does get claustrophobic for me.  Storage is my big beef as I don't like living out of a bag.  My husband doesn't care at all so I store his stuff under the bed.  He doesn't want to drill holes in the wall yet to put up a shelf for me. 
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 4:32am

We added an "over-door" hook to the bathroom.  It was great for towels and swim wear.  My wife is happy with living out of backs for now

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
JJ2SPIRIT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 8:08am
Smile I  SCREWED IN TWO COAT HOOKS ON THE INSIDE OF BATHROOM DOOR FOR TOWELS AND ONE ON OUTSIDE OF DOOR TO PUT JACKET OR WHATEVER . I ALSO SCREWED TWO ON THE SIDE OF TV CABINET FOR PJ'S,ETC....AND ONE ON OPPOSITE SIDE  TO HANG KEYS,DOG LEASH OR WHATEVER.I HAVE THE 151 MODEL,DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS A CABINET IN OTHER MODELS,BUT THIS DID HELP FOR ITEMS I USE FREQUENTLY.
LOVE MY POD !Thumbs Up
JOANNE
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 11:07am
I made small bags that look like a case for a cushion . Just a slit in the back with a fabric hook in one corner to hang it on one of those command hooks. I hung them on each side of the slide. Then I put one at the door over that ugly shower access and put my umbrella in it. Then over that I hung a little jacket. (never know when you'll need one).  I put 2 hooks high on the wall facing the door to put hangers that you can hang more hangers from. I figure they will hold at least 4 sets of clothes. In the little bags I made I can put underwear or t-shirts, pajamas or whatever. Not only are they useful but they kind of look like decorations. For the kitchen I got a plastic three drawer bin and then two more bins. That one didn't have enough room for me.  During the day they fit right in next to the fridge, at night I put it in front of the fridge.  I admit I did go sort of crazy with the hooks, but you can always take them down without hurting the walls! Hope some of this works for you. I had space issues too.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 11:08am
I should add the hangers are in the bathroom.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 11:48am
I don't have my r-pod yet (due in this week), but I was at ikea yesterday and picked up a couple of lightweight cubes, 13x15x12.5  velco closes the bottom and big zip around the top.  I was able to put about 5 days worth with t-shirts, jeans and undies in one.  Hoping they will fit somewhere easily.  worst case on bunk when not in use.  Anyway they have tons, lightweight storage items, hooks, hangers etc.  I plan to go find one in my travels to get more stuff.
It's a great idea place.

Good luck
Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:16am
I found a plastic tub (box ?) with a lid that fits under the bed.  It comes out right to the edge of the bed.  When the Pod and Jeep go trail riding with me I put all my clothes in it.  I do need to put up a mirror somewhere by the sink for when I shave.

Terry
penny-podding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penny-podding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 9:55am
The clothes thing was sort of getting to me. I found those calapsable cloth cubes at Freds for $5 ea. We each have one and we leave them in the back of the Jeep Lbty. Cleans up space and easy access to clothes at shower time. I'm just going to fold it all because the hanging bothers me.
The Penny-Pod is on the road!
Penny & Russell
R-Pod 172
2006 Ford Expedition - Darth Vedar!
geneowens View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geneowens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:16am
I added a full mirror to the outside of the bathroom door and 2 slide on hooks which fit over the bathroom door - one inside and one outside. Hooks work good for towels on hangars. I fully use the under bed storage in the 171, holds several plastic storage boxes for clothes. I need to organize clothes in sets [underwear, socks, shirts,etc so I can begin using one of the boxes for dirty clothes after few days. I'm also using the under dinette storage for electric heater, sheets and towels, etc.
I changed out the 9" under counter TV/DVD for a 12" one. Works great and easier picture to see from bed, etc.
I removed the heavy bulky table and replaced with a smaller light weight one from Walmart [$22].
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic