r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Storage Box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Storage Box
    Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 4:51pm
Big smileSeen on a small TT last year while camping a checker plate aluminium box about 24in.x36in. He had it mounted on the tounge and had his 2 propane tanks in it plus two batterys. Looked liked a good idea to me. It kept everything lock up out of sight and out of the weather and solved the problem of how to carry everything and it looked nice too. I do not think it will add to much weight, his TT was smaller the the Pod. What do you think. Jim
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 4:56pm
If you work yours up like that post some photos here... I could see that catching on.
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 5:09pm
EmbarrassedI am out of the country right now. When I get back going to take a short camping trip for spring break. Then I will get start on my storage box. I will post some pics. Jim
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 7:29pm
Thumbs UpJust a quick follow up. Northerntool.com sells pre fabbed tounge boxs ,I think Home Depot does to. I do not know if the dimensions are correct to fit our needs, Iwill have to do some checking, but members can go online and check out what Im talking about. Jim
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 11:09am
Cool idea Jim!Star I'll have to go out later and measure my trailer/tank to see if the Northerntool boxes are big enough.

Thanks for the great suggestion!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:46pm
Sorry I still haven't verified this...we went camping last weekend and I got busy at work this week. I'll try to find out this weekend.
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Blackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 10:09pm
I would be interested in doing this as well if you can find the part.  I am picking my 172 up in a couple of weeks.  I can take the box out with me and set it up at the dealer if I know what part works.

Any pics of the project you do as well would be great.

Thx
Rick

The Blackdog
2001 Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 3.4 V6
172 on ORDER (PICK UP JULY 24)
Lincoln, CA
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 11:21pm
It is illegal to enclose LP tanks.  Everywhere.

Terry 
Blackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 11:23pm
Thx.  That was my understanding.  so that means forget the box.....
Rick

The Blackdog
2001 Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 3.4 V6
172 on ORDER (PICK UP JULY 24)
Lincoln, CA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic