r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Recipes and Food Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pressure cooker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIMTAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pressure cooker
    Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 10:48pm
I got a pressure cooker for our R-Pod and just love it! We passed on the microwave so we could have that spot for a lot of storage so I was looking for something that would cook quickly. 
Sistahs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistahs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 8:34pm
Am interested to know what brand, what size, and how it works with the steam in your pod. Thanks. 
2010 R-POD 171
2003 FORD F-150
ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 9:21am
We have a few pressure cookers at home, but the size we like for the pod is the skillet style one from Kuhn Rikon.  We bought an accessory glass lid for it so it can be used as a fry pan/saute pan as well.  We like to make small amounts of food so we're not stuck eating the same thing all weekend. The 2.5 qt size is just right for bean soup or risotto for 2 or 3 braised oxtails or precooking some ribs.  If you're looking to make a small roast then I would recommend the next size up at 3.5qt.

The most important thing to remember when making large cuts of meat is to let it come down off pressure gradually or the meat will seize up and be dry and chewy.

2009 r.pod 152

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic