r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NORTH Eastern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NORTH Eastern Roundup
    Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:07pm
We have three RPods together for a roundup at Oceanview Campground in Wells, Maine for 10 thru 14 August. We represent MD, CT, and NJ. There were several other sites available as late as of the last weekend, three day minimum at this time.
Ocean view and Wells are just off I95 north of the NH-ME border, not quite on the ocean, but close. Freeport and outlet shopping are close by, as is Kennebunkport and Portland.
The manager said he has never seen an RPod, so it would be nice to get an assortment and demonstrate the wonders of ULT campers!
Join us if you can for lobsters and blueberries!!!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 9:23am
Is this still happening?
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 9:36am
Hi Peggy. I believe so.
Techntrek will be there for a family reunion, G4royce - from CT too, and ourselves in Free Spirit are there from Thursday. I don't know if there are any sites left, though. So far nothing formal has been initiated.
We'd love to have more folks and pods!!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 9:56am
Have fun!  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 11:18am
Thanks for the information. I think we'll opt out this year. We will be in Maine the preceding week though. First at Meadowbrook Campground in Phippsburg - about 3 miles away from some of the best lobster we've ever had. Then at Wild Duck Campground in Scarborough. We've never been there but read good things about it.

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Peggy L. Peggy L. wrote:

about 3 miles away from some of the best lobster we've ever had..

Peggy I am so jealous, sounds like some great spots and amazing camping up there!  You all will have to bring some lobsters down from up North the next time!  LOLLOL
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:51pm
Travis,
To be outstanding, lobster has to be eaten almost immediately after it is caught. I'm afraid you'll just have to come up this way. We'll do lobster, fried clams and chowder.

There are some nice campgrounds but they tend to be pricey. In the south we can get away with $15-20 a night. (less if it's a federal campground and we can use the senior access card) The rest of the country that we've visited seems to be standardized on $25-30. Here the norm is $35-45. These are all no frills types of places - clean but no water slide or pool.

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:11pm
No pool would be a hard sell for Carrie, so I'll have to work on her for an early Spring or later Fall next year trip up North.

I got her going down South a bit this year and we were just talking about our next year big trip, I'm a big Lighthouse nut so I would love to do something up North coastal along your all's way.

Would love to head up to that part of the world sometime for camping, we bought the Pod to travel after all! Big smile
dr*****k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr*****k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 9:15pm
Sue and I have an R177. I'll check my calender at work and see if it is a possibility. It would be nice to meet fellow R Poders.    George
Rpod 177 towed by Lexus RX 400h or Mountaineer AWD
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 11:20pm
We'd love to have another Pod with us. It was June when I called the campground, so I don't know what the current vacancy rate is.    Walt
Ps where in our lovely state are you located?
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic