r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Didn't know modding meant sewing!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Didn't know modding meant sewing!!
    Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 8:23pm
When we brought the MoosePod home this year I was happy to think of all the great mods and tricks and bells and whistles we would add.  I'd do all the technical stuff and the DW would get to internet shop for Moose things and decorate.

Little did I know that I would end up having to sew curtains and throw pillows?!??!?!   ConfusedConfusedI

Neither of us being fond of the mini blinds in the Pod, either you bang your head into them all night long while sleeping, or the dogs are sticking their faces through them and tearing them up while we're gone.  So I guess it was inevitable to find something to replace them.

Sew....LOL....I spent many hours of the past weekend and most my free time this week threading needles and cursing bobbins for unwinding, now with only pullbacks for them left to make I along with the DW are rather happy with our new addition to the Pod this week.

Thanks to Brin for some helpful ideas and suggestions!!

R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 9:09pm
Way to go Travis!!! Not only have I sewn one set of curtains for our pod, we we found some way better material so, yup you guessed it, I have now sewn a second set of curtains...Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by R&T's Pod R&T's Pod wrote:

Way to go Travis!!! Not only have I sewn one set of curtains for our pod, we we found some way better material so, yup you guessed it, I have now sewn a second set of curtains...Rob

I certainly hope my wife never finds fabric she likes better than what we have now, I don't want to do this again.  Ouch

Sadly I'm already getting facebook comments that our comforter does not match our Moose theme nor does it look good with my pillows and curtains.  I don't think I have it in me to make a comforter from scratch for the bed. 
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 9:20pm
Amen brother!!  LOL
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 9:23pm
I knew that you could do it.  They look great.   I too, will be living with my curtains for a long time as I don't want to sew them again. 

I bet you can find a comforter somewhere on sale that you think will match well enough.  Until then,  they both have a country theme. 

Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
takeabreath3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeabreath3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 10:46pm
the curtains look fab!!  and facebook friends are right it doesn't rightly match, but hey tell them to stop looking then, or sew you a new comforter!  i'm thinking about taking my blinds down and going with curtains as well, just haven't found the just right material that will match my DALE EARNHART JR THROW ON THE BED!!!! 
oh well, maybe someday!

judy

Life isn't a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safe in a pretty well preserved body, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up totally worn out, loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:12pm
I made curtains for our Harry Podder too!  Hate the blinds.  I found noise reduction and heat/cold reduction curtains on sale and cut them up and sewed them back together to fit Harry's windows.  Also used them to make curtains for our bunks in case one of us wants to sleep while the other is up.

Becky
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:15pm
Nice curtains and pillows.  You do know that, in a pinch, you can use bungee cords as tie backs. LOL  Don't laugh.  Those things have almost as many uses as Duck Tape. LOL
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:41pm
My dogs didn't like the curtain on the back window either, so I had to replace that one, as well and the windows and the bunks.

Did you say they were facebook friends or just people you know.   The moose don't care, they are color blind you know and you don't care cause it serves it purpose, and your r-pod MoosePod didn't develop it's personally all at once.   So you keep your multi-color blanket and enjoy while your out on an adventure and they are still stuck on Facebook.  LOL

YOU DID GREAT.

LeeClap

P.S.  I found butterfly stickers similar to your moose ones have have the scatter around Podterfly, she also has different color ones on the outside in side the rings.   One day a man and his partner at a gas station asked for a tour, (and I did) so he thanked me for the tour and said " by the way can you get a r-pod without the butterflies".  I was nice and said yes, then laughed for the 20 miles down the road.

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:57am
Cool moose curtains!
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic