r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Eastern Round Up-locations and date

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Eastern Round Up-locations and date
    Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 6:15pm
Several locations for 2012 Eastern Round Up were discussed after Saturday night dinner.  It was generally agreed upon that whoever does the planning for next year's event live close to the campground site, as it makes things easier when making arrangements.  Please post your suggestions for locations and the date here!   :)  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 6:26pm
My vote is for the Horse Park in Lexington, KY again.  The same date generally works for us.  I think the Horse Park is one of the nicest campgrounds we have ever been to!   
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 8:25am
***Bump***

Please post your suggestions for location and date here, come on-don't be shy!! 
jjbescher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjbescher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 9:21am
Although, it is closer to me, but still not close enough, I was thinking of somewhere near Asheville, NC.  You have the Biltmore and not very far away from other things.  Asheville is about 5 from the Horse Park.  I know that is a long way from most, but it took me 11 hours to get home.

http://www.exploreasheville.com/index.aspx

I do not know of any campgrounds, but can definitely research a little more.

jon
R-Pod 173T towed by a 2003 Honda Pilot
Site # 164 Eastern Roundup
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 9:28am
Originally posted by jjbescher jjbescher wrote:

Although, it is closer to me, but still not close enough, I was thinking of somewhere near Asheville, NC.  You have the Biltmore and not very far away from other things.  Asheville is about 5 from the Horse Park.  I know that is a long way from most, but it took me 11 hours to get home.

http://www.exploreasheville.com/index.aspx

I do not know of any campgrounds, but can definitely research a little more.

jon

I like that idea too Jon.  I have only been to Biltmore once and it was a long time ago.  I would like to go back to that area and have some time to explore.  See what you can come up with and let us know!  
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 7:25pm
I think there is a private campground in Fletcher NC that is in Asheville. The (Tab) people just had their round up this spring in that location. I will try to look it up and post it.. I
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 7:29pm
I went to the T@B round up.  The campground is called Rutledge Lake Travel Park.  While it is a nice campground, the sites are VERY tight.  They also have a pretty strict refund policy. (No refunds given.)  The did have a nice little fishing pond to walk dogs, and a nice club house we used.  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

mustangcamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustangcamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 8:53pm
We have been to the Asheville East KOA twice and just loved it. It's right on a river, very clean and close to alot of sites including Black Mountain, Chimney Rock, Lake Lure, Mt. Mitchell, Biltmore and the city of Asheville.
Mustangcamper
Sharon & Carrie
rpod 175 Slipper-pod
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V6
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 8:55pm
Sounds like a good choice!!
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 9:05pm
I'd love to see our options near Biltmore.  Also open to other suggestions!  Keep the ideas coming!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic